Sitka System - Fanatic vs Incinerator Aerolite

Need to pull the trigger tonight but cannot decide between the Fanatic Jacket / Bib vs the Incinerator Jacket / Bib. From what I have read the Fanatic would meet my needs, (I know the Stratus would too with proper layering) but something about the Incinerator's waterproofing is making pulling the trigger hard. From also what I have read the Incinerator is lighter and just as warm as the Fanatic set.

Tell me the incinerator isn't worth the extra $240 and just do the Fanatic set. I've thought about doing Incinerator Bib and Fanatic Jacket but mix matching hits a nerve.

H80Hunter

WKR
To me the quietness of the fanatic wins out. I’ll stay dry in a light snow in it for a whatever, 4 hour sit in the fanatic. To me the incinerator is too loud for a standalone bow hunting suit, and too expensive for a mostly gun hunting only suit. To be honest, I’m picking a better spot if it’s too wet for the fanatic even in the rut, if costs me it costs me. I also have a cheap 2 sizes up rain suit I throw over the fanatic just fine if needed. I’ve never actually done it in the woods.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Incinerator packs down way smaller which is big for my needs. But I do mix and match Incinerator Bibs with non-Incinerator coats, the Fanatic jacket being one of them. I have a couple of EVII pieces that I keep as backups, but all of the stuff I’ve been using is the older Elevated Forest line, which used slightly different materials and construction than the current models. I like a lot of that older line better, with a few exceptions. Never tried the Incinerator jacket, but the bibs are my favorite hunting garment for cold weather on remote stands.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
If you're worried about weight and bulk then Incinerator. Otherwise Fanatic. If it's cold enough to wear either it is snowing and not raining. I have the Stratus and Fanatic and my buddy has the Incinerator. I like the weight and pockets on the Incinerator but can't make an argument for it. I went thru the same either or process and am happy I chose the Fanatic.

OP
A
If you're worried about weight and bulk then Incinerator. Otherwise Fanatic. If it's cold enough to wear either it is snowing and not raining. I have the Stratus and Fanatic and my buddy has the Incinerator. I like the weight and pockets on the Incinerator but can't make an argument for it. I went thru the same either or process and am happy I chose the Fanatic.
Thank you for letting me know you are happy with the Fanatic after going through the same dilemma

OP
A
Incinerator packs down way smaller which is big for my needs. But I do mix and match Incinerator Bibs with non-Incinerator coats, the Fanatic jacket being one of them. I have a couple of EVII pieces that I keep as backups, but all of the stuff I’ve been using is the older Elevated Forest line, which used slightly different materials and construction than the current models. I like a lot of that older line better, with a few exceptions. Never tried the Incinerator jacket, but the bibs are my favorite hunting garment for cold weather on remote stands.
Do you feel the incinerator bibs are the better buy than the fanatic bibs?

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and as others have said the Incinerator packs down smaller than the Fanatic by a long shot. I carry my outer wear in lashed on to my day pack. Much less bulky than the Fanatic gear. They both are about the same as far as warmth is concerned. They fit differently also. I think the Fanatic is tighter fitting than the Incinerator. Overall I wear my Incinerator clothing more than the Fanatic clothing because it is easier to carry in and out and it fits me better. I don't feel like a big marshmellow in the Incinerator clothing.

Ho5tile1

WKR
I love my fanatic set it’s the best cold weather bow hunting stuff out there imo. I don’t care how it packs down as I just strap it to my pack put the bibs on at the tree climb up and once I’m in my saddle and cooled off from the walk in I put on the jacket. I’ve not used the incinerator set. I almost got it but like someone else said if it’s gonna be that wet ima go somewhere else or toss my over sized rain jacket over it but have yet to do it in the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunt1up

WKR
I've had the Incinerator and sold it. I have both the First Lite Solitude and Sanctuary for when it's cold, typically going with the Solitude. I wear the Sitka Stratus with layers until it's too cold then switch to the Solitude. The Incinerator was way too puffy to me and also noisy. It's warm but that's about the only thing I liked about it. I'd go Fanatic even though I don't own it. Several people I know use it as their go-to cold weather set and really like it.

OP
A
I've had the Incinerator and sold it. I have both the First Lite Solitude and Sanctuary for when it's cold, typically going with the Solitude. I wear the Sitka Stratus with layers until it's too cold then switch to the Solitude. The Incinerator was way too puffy to me and also noisy. It's warm but that's about the only thing I liked about it. I'd go Fanatic even though I don't own it. Several people I know use it as their go-to cold weather set and really like it.
What year was your Incinerator? I read that the redesign is lighter and less bulky compared to the Fanatic. I was going to pull the trigger on the Sanctuary 2.0 set before Sitka was so strongly recommended in a previous post.

Go fanatic. I’ve layered with it down to single temps tree-stand hunting and have been fine. I usually wear the bibs vented on the walk in and toss the jacket on after I’ve cooled off in the stand. Handles falling snow just fine. Its quieter as well. The freezing rain/32-40degree weather id probably rather wear a puffy and a rain jacket instead of the incinerator.

Two buddies have the incinerator set and seem to like it though.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Do you feel the incinerator bibs are the better buy than the fanatic bibs?

Imo, you can get stuff similar to the Fanatic line for less money in articles by other companies. For example, Scentlok’s Revenant Pro jacket. I like the Fanatic coat’s built in hand muff since I wear thin glomets, but it isn’t a super warm hand muff like some of the accessory muffs. Outside the built in muff, it’s a toss up between these coats, for me. Fwiw, I have both. I paid like $120 for the Revenant on end of year sale.

The Fanatic stuff is a bit quieter than the Incinerator, but thick and bulky. Depending on how you move, you may find it’s a complete non-issue. Since the Incinerator bibs trap some upper body heat already, a shell (like the Stratus jacket) with a puffy underneath can often cut the mustard and is less bulk.

I got the Incinerator for warmth and packability, which it delivers on and are my top priorities. If those matter for your hunting scenario, the Incinerator tops the Fanatic, imo.