Sitka pant with hip vents

so will the big game pants this year like ascents have hip zips or only the turkey pants? I mean its a step in the right direction but these should have been in the big game line years ago.

TheTone

WKR
Current ascent pants, to me, are so light I barely find conditions to wear mine.

Current ascent pants, to me, are so light I barely find conditions to wear mine.
I sold mine because they didn't dump enough heat, got too clammy in the crotch. This was 80 deg plus temps. Hipzips would fix that

Last edited:

HuntNTag

WKR
Black ovis just put a video on their YouTube channel showing them
Here was the link for The turkey vest and pants. I watched it and as always, Sitka comes up with something additional for something specific. Seems like they are adding another line just for turkey so I doubt they will add the zips to their big game pant this year. Likely will show up next year as an “upgrade” It’s a way to get more items separated with slight differences. I do like their turkey vest!

https://www.blackovis.com/brands/sitka-gear/sitka-equinox-guard-pant

Currymac

FNG
I’m in the market for some new pants and I’d like the knee pads. I’ve stayed away from them but now I have some work pants with pads and boy does it make life nice! I’ve tried to stay neutral when it comes to brand names but damn I just love Sitka stuff!

jd1006

WKR
I think its coming soon. Camofire had deeply discounted Timberline Pants, so that seems to indicate that they know something.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
I just got mine. They are not knee pad compatible.

I really like them. I have not had them out in the woods yet.
-They are a heavier weight than the Ascent pants. Probably between the Ascent and Kuiu Attack pants.
-The vents are prob 10-12 inches long
- Good stretch
- Shocker: They actually fit like pants. Granted it looks like a man riding a chicken when I wear shorts, but they are not tight. I would call it a relaxed fit.

The shirt is similar thickness to the Core lightweight, but a different fabric. The Core lightweight has the micro grid type fabric. This is a slicker fabric similar to some of the Under Armor stuff.

Question for anyone who has the new Equinox Gaurd pants are they knee pad compatible?

Venom One

WKR
The hip vents look useless with the tiny "holes", but after watching the BlackOvis video, it's clear this line was developed specifically for repelling insects and ticks; which is why the vent holes are so small. Pretty impressive that the thin hoody has a weave so tight it blocks most mosquito "stingers".

I'm in the market for a pair of hip-vented pants. Not sure these will be the winner, but the hoody would be priceless for those days when the mosquitos/bugs are driving you nuts. If they could find a way to eliminate the sound of bugs buzzing in our ears that would be even more awesome.

Video is here: