Sitka mountain pants vs KUIU attack pants.

4IDARCHER

WKR
I have had a pair of the attack pants in the past but never the Sitka mountain pants. Can anyone give me a comparison between the two and which would you pick for mid September elk archery hunting in CO?

I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you my thoughts on the Mountain Pants. I really like them. Very comfy, quiet, and about the right weight unless it really gets warm. They are water resistant, and I've had them soaked all the way through before when it rained for three days straight. They seem to be very durable, I've had them for two years and don't see any wear that concerns me.

Pockets are good, and the belt seems to be sturdy enough. The sizing seems to run a little small.

bbrown

WKR
I have both and everything Jason says is spot on.
I prefer the mountains while I am elk hunting in late September at around 10-11K feet but the Attacks would work too but they really shine for the antelope or early archery when its really hot.

Cant go wrong with either but if I could only choose one it would be the Mountain pants.

OP
4IDARCHER

4IDARCHER

WKR
Thanks guys,
bbrown, did you get an of my PM's? Don't know if this site isn't sending them?

mdog

FNG
I have both and prefer the mountain pants for comfort, knee pads and pocket layout. I've spent a couple of weeks in the attack pants and the material/cut of the pant tears up my hips...I wear the kifaru dt everyday while backpack archery hunting.

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. They are both very nice. The KUIU seems to snag more and they don't make them with longer inseams. The latter is why I prefer the Mountain pants.