Sitka mid layer insulation help

Hey all, thinking about buying a Sitka mid layer to potentially wear between my fanatic hoody and stratus jacket to help bring that combo to lower temperatures. I was actually thinking about trying the kelvin active hoody or jacket for this purpose.
I mostly hunt whitetail but will be doing some western hunts in the future and thought it could be a multi use piece. I haven’t been able to get my hands on one in person. So some questions I haven are how loud is the material and how bulky would it be under a jacket?
Are there other pieces that you guys would recommend for this use, maybe like the Celsius midi?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
Also forgot to mention open to all brands if anyone has any other recommendations that fits that description

The Kelvin aerolite jacket would work pretty good for that. I love mine lightweight but very warm. Material is kinda loud for bow hunting on its own. But underneath a stratus it would be prettt quiet. If you don’t want to spend that much the outdoor research shadow jacket is very good as well pretty close to the Kelvin . You can get them pretty cheap on sell.

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
I settled on the aerolite for the exact situation you mentioned. I think the celsius midi is perfect for layering under the stratus for whitetail and if it came in a non-camo color I would have probably kept it since I would have gotten more use out of it. You may be able to find a good option from a non-hunting brand but the aerolite is the best I've found for warmth with minimal bulk that layers well with the stratus. Should be a good option by itself for glassing in milder temps out west as well.

Take a look at the ambient jacket. The perfect blend of static insulation and can be worn as an outer layer when active. Its new, so i have no experience with it other than trying it on in the house (and the heat build was immediate and impressive) but the jacket is supposed to replace the celsius midi in their WT line.

I have the celsius midi jacket and like it for your exact application, but i also like miltipurpose pieces and that is why i got the ambient jacket.

I have also layered a kuiu strongfleece 260 and peloton under my stratus jacket, and i have also used a north face microball puffy. They all work well with the stratus over top. The layering can take me down into the 30’s easily, but i also have the fanatic jacket to get me lower.

wytx

WKR
Filson wool vest from Ebay will work fine too.
ddd is right , any cheap puffy.
I like a solid color, wear it all winter out and about and not just hunting.

lpplayer59

Lil-Rokslider
I use the aero lite vest and it works good. Although I do wish I bought the full aero lite jacket and not the vest for really cold sits. I think the puffy jacket would be more useful!

Dalton138

FNG
Take a look at the ambient jacket. The perfect blend of static insulation and can be worn as an outer layer when active. Its new, so i have no experience with it other than trying it on in the house (and the heat build was immediate and impressive) but the jacket is supposed to replace the celsius midi in their WT line.

I have the celsius midi jacket and like it for your exact application, but i also like miltipurpose pieces and that is why i got the ambient jacket.

I have also layered a kuiu strongfleece 260 and peloton under my stratus jacket, and i have also used a north face microball puffy. They all work well with the stratus over top. The layering can take me down into the 30’s easily, but i also have the fanatic jacket to get me lower.
+1 on this

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite Furnace is what I use as a mid-layer. It is incredibly warm and I use it all the time throughout the year. It is probably my favorite piece. I wear it on cool Sept mornings during archery elk season, hunting whitetails at home and it is perfect for duck hunting as well.

Maz7869

FNG
I bought the kuiu puffy about five years ago and it’s gone with me every hunt since. They weigh nothing and pack down tiny. I haven’t tried the other brands but I’m sure they’re just as functional.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Celsius Midi also and really like it. I have been looking at the Ambient jacket lately and am starting to think I would be duplicating things since I have the Midi already.

BradD20

FNG
Sitka celcius midi. If you can find one it will be on sale since they’ve been discontinued. It’s a light puffy jacket and adds a ton of warmth

rsmitty5

FNG
Hey all, thinking about buying a Sitka mid layer to potentially wear between my fanatic hoody and stratus jacket to help bring that combo to lower temperatures. I was actually thinking about trying the kelvin active hoody or jacket for this purpose.
I mostly hunt whitetail but will be doing some western hunts in the future and thought it could be a multi use piece. I haven’t been able to get my hands on one in person. So some questions I haven are how loud is the material and how bulky would it be under a jacket?
Are there other pieces that you guys would recommend for this use, maybe like the Celsius midi?
Thanks

Ambient jacket is great.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with the advice to get a puffy if you want minimal bulk. I have the midi and hardly ever use it under my Stratus jacket as a puffy works better for me.

jroot327

FNG
Celcius midi is a great layer. It's a whitetail version of a puffy that's not down but synthetic. Not bulky at all. I haven't tried the ambient yet, but hear it's good too.