Sitka layering question

If I am a medium in size, should I buy a medium in each piece or should my jacket be a size larger to compensate for the layers under? Traverse t, light weight hoody, kelvin vest, jet stream jacket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just received a Sitka mid weight half zip and core lightweight in medium that fit me very well. Can actually layer the 2. I also ordered a large cloudburst rain jacket that fits nicely over both. I’m happy that I up sized the jacket.

Wear size large and all my Sitka clothing including rain gear has been large and I have been able to fit layers including a puffy underneath. The only exception has been the kelvin active which was tight in the shoulders so I went with an XL.

People prefer clothes to fit in different ways though. I like my hunting clothing to be form fitting without restricting movement (as in too tight across the back or shoulders). Some like a little extra room. If you prefer the little extra room sizing up is probably a good choice.

I’d prefer form fitting athletic fit but allowing plenty of movement and range of motion

Also take a look at the cut of the garments in the descriptions

I agree that you can wear the same size across the board and it layers great together

But the performance fit stuff will be cut a bit different than regular

I still buy the same size but prefer the performance cut

I did size down in the new Apex hoodie.

The entire line of Sitka clothing is designed to be layered. I have all Large sizes in everything, including the puffy. They all work very well together.

I prefer the jackets in a size larger than the vests and base layers. Personal preference of how snug you wear your jacket.

I wear the same size in everything and it all layers quite well.

The only exception is something that I've not seen anyone else do. A few years ago I hunted in the eastern mountains of Turkey and it got pretty cold. Out of necessity, I wore a pair of 90% pants over a pair of Timberline pants. The 90% pants were a size larger and it worked great. I'd do it again in a minute.

Back