Sitka Kelvin Aerolite no DWR

Skybuster

FNG
Hello,

I got this one and absolutely like the jacket enough breathability on the sides, and extremely wind resistant all around.
I was not expecting that, as they don’t mention that on their description.
Having a different liner on the sides but only on the inside, to let heat escape easier.

Now the let down, the DWR I guess they forgot to apply anything to this jacket is that bad.

Water pretty much is absorbed immediately.

What DWR you guys use to make this type of fabric actually water resistant?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR
Nikwax has a DWR spray on that works very well on a first lite catalyst that needed refreshing. Different material than the Aerolite but probably as good a starting guess as any.

there is currently a huge shake up with PFAS based DWR’s. So it make have a DWR, just not a good DWR. industry doesnt have a good alternative to PFAS based DWR.

some people have come up with alternatives but lifecycle is fraction of the original factory applied PFAS DWR

California outlawed PFAS DWR’s. so it screwed whole country

I spent 30 seconds googling so I’m by no means an expert by Nikwax professes to be PFAS free.

yes but its a fraction as good as what was applied at the factory directly to the textile.

thus why most the mfg’s recommend reheating garment as the 1st step to reactivation.

not saying Niki is a bad product(i use it and Granger) its just not near what a factory applied PFAS DWR is. If it was Kuiu, Sitka, arcteryx, would have a nice Nikwax tag along with all the other tags.

I hope the scientist come up with a like or better product then PFAS DWR soon