Sitka Jetstream vs Stratus for Whitetail?

Crazy Coot

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Jetstream jacket that I absolutely love. I've turkey hunted in it a few times this year when the temps dropped down and stayed pretty warm in it. I also bought the Stratus jacket a few weeks ago for the upcoming deer season this fall. I hunt whitetails 100% from a stand. Is there any difference in warmth between the Jetstream and the Stratus jackets? They feel very similar and I'm considering selling the Stratus. I do realize it's a tad quieter but, to me, it's not enough to make a difference. I'm considering just using Subalpine from the stand this fall. Let me know your experiences with the Stratus jacket, especially regarding its warmth in comparison to the Jetstream.

The jetsrream and stratus are pretty similar noise in warm weather, but in the cooler months that deer season lies in, the stratus just absolutely shines. The jerstream gets very noisy the colder it gets. Great jacket, but it will be almost impossible to deer hunt in as the noise of drawing will spook deer.

Keep both, they are both great jackets, but built for different reasons.

If you were talking rifle hunting from distance then i would agree with you selling the stratus.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I have both, jet stream is an awesome coat but definitely noticeably louder... im going stratus and now going to get the fanatic for later season. Jet stream is good for turkeys or windy deer days.

cayres67

FNG
i have the stratus jacket and bibs and they are awesome for treestand deer hunting. work all the way through late season with proper layering and cut the wind like a charm

Brunson84

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve owned both, still have the jetstream, I mostly whitetail tree stand hunt. I live in sc and take a trip to Ohio every year, 1st year I went I wore the stratus and after coming home and spending a solid hour or more picking burs and seed pods out of the stratus jacket and pants I sold them, bought the jetstream in subalpine, it is my go to jacket now for early morning boat rides and light rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the stratus is warmer than the jetstream. I own both…used the jetstream for a few years for whitetails then got the stratus last year. I am glad I did and much prefer the stratus for whitetails. I layer it with core heavy hoody and the celsius midi when the temps drop…been comfy down to high teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemlock1

FNG
Fanatic gear is amazing, especially for bow.
I have the Jetstream jacket that I absolutely love. I've turkey hunted in it a few times this year when the temps dropped down and stayed pretty warm in it. I also bought the Stratus jacket a few weeks ago for the upcoming deer season this fall. I hunt whitetails 100% from a stand. Is there any difference in warmth between the Jetstream and the Stratus jackets? They feel very similar and I'm considering selling the Stratus. I do realize it's a tad quieter but, to me, it's not enough to make a difference. I'm considering just using Subalpine from the stand this fall. Let me know your experiences with the Stratus jacket, especially regarding its warmth in comparison to the Jetstream.

Fanatic gear is perfect, esp if you bowhunt. Works for all

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
I use jetstream early season into like maybe november depending on temps. I recently picked up the stratus system so I rotate between that and my scent blocker stuff in the later part of the season