Sitka heavyweight hoody or FL Furnace?

gibby97

FNG
looking for a heavier long sleeve mainly for stand sitting without getting into a coat. What do you all recommend between these 2. Want warm along with quiet and not bulky.

bsnedeker

WKR
I can't speak for the FL, but I bought the heavyweight from sitka last season and I love it for my late-season mid layer. I don't do a lot of stand hunting anymore but I used to and I think it would work well for that also. It is not bulky at all for what it is.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. Each has their own use. The furnace is pretty warm and more well suited for a mid layer when it is pretty cold. The heavy weight hoody I use more for an outer layer on “cool” mornings/evenings. It works well for hiking while the furnace would be pretty warm for that.

LostArra

WKR
Stand hunting especially afternoon>evening when the temp is dropping: I use the HW hoody as an outer layer then if the temps start dropping at prime time I add a Wooltimate vest over it and I'm perfect for pretty cool temps as it gets dark. The Wooltimate is obviously not a backpack hunting item and I size down in the vest to reduce any torso bulk. I wear that vest a lot for deer hunting. The HW hoody/vest combo is very versatile.

I just realized your post is in the elk section. When I've hung a stand for elk I still used the HW hoody but carried a lightweight puffy vest (Outdoor Research) that I put on UNDER the hoody as the sun went down. I don't carry the Wooltimate in the mountains.