Sitka gear thinning out or is it just me?

Been taking advantage of some overstock and Black Friday sales to update and add a bit of gear. grabbed a new model jetstream and a new model kelvin aerolite jacket.

Compared to my ~5 version of each they are slimmer fitting. Not a problem.

Compared to my ~5 version of each they are thinner in terms of insulation in a way that would seem to make them less warm. The jetstream is like a lightly insulated windbreaker and seems to have less stretch. The outerfabRic feels thin in a way that concerns me about durability. It also seems less quiet but my older jetstream has been worn and washed quite a bit.

the kelvin aerolite is thinner than my old kelvin light. I would almos put it in the category of a light weight puffy. The skinny forearm thing feels a little better despite it being a snugger cut.

OP
Desk Jockey
So a bit of comparison says the jetstream insulation is about the same but the outerfabric is thinner and loader, though brand new.

the kelvin aerolite insulation is less thick and bulky. Time will tell if it as warm as my older model.

Squirrels

WKR
I'd say your jetstream exterior will soften up with use and wash. The aerolite is too much of a different piece to compare to the kelvin light, as far as which of the two is warmer, your mileage will let you know.