Sitka Finally did it!

The point about the October pants is they can be really hot and sweaty in august or September….i agree any pant can be made warmer with a base, but how do you make a warm pant cooler? Hip vents help, but if you have crotch rot from sweating balls all day, that stank is gonna hit the nose of an animal, hopefully not before the shot….thermals and slight breezes on the mountain can make it tough if you stink terrible because you are too sweaty hot

I am curious about what is similar but half the price? This is a pant that has a hip vent, knee pads(removable/replaceable), ultra quiet (going by what the description says), with a tough nylon outer with a softer merino feel inside.

What compares?

I know there are a lot of durable pants out there but quiet isn’t in the description. I know of a lot of quiet pants out there but durable isn’t in their description.

DALIBOR III PANT​

ALAIOS PANT​

Those list at 199….not quite half of the listed 289, more like a 30% discount. But they can be found cheaper, which we have also seen given some time sitka stuff can be found cheaper as well.

Again, a pant listed more for cool to cold conditions probably not ideal for early archery hunts, so again kind of apples to oranges. But appreciate the feedback. I am not a kryptek buyer so i do not know their lineup

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Looking forward to getting my hands on these for September. I already have the Apex, curious see how much the new fabric and hip vents change the pants.

SloppyJ

WKR
I like my ascent pants for some opening dove down here in the south but boy it's gonna be hard to pull the trigger on those due to the price but the hip vents would be nice.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
I love that they finally got on the hip vent train. However, vents or not, a double layer nylon/merino pant is likely a no-go for me in September. Way too warm, I’m guessing. I overheat in the Ascents on some openers.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
I wish all the brands would ditch the solid green color. I like earth tones, but that particular lichen color looks too much like a Boy Scout uniform.

I really like the little bit of sitka gear I own. Their sizing seems spot on for real world man bodies like me. I'm not fat and not athletic build , but more of a grown man 50 something working guy.
I own kuiu and like their hip vents on their pants. They are a bit cheaper than sitka for the most part but fine technical hunting clothes. What drive me crazy is buying everything one full to one and a half sizes bigger than I usually wear. And I get to pay to have the 6 inches of extra inseam I do not need hemmed.
I'm sure most guys experience the same issues I just commented on. Sitka is always improving their gear to what guys ask for. I will continue to buy from sitka due to fit and quality of build in their products.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I really like sitka gear, but $500+ for a #ninja "outfit" is a bit far out there to "intercept." I'm sure there's a tech narrative to support that though. Usually I avoid any comments on how expensive something is b/c it is all relative and I can choose to not buy it, but damn. Now, every chance I get I push that ambient hoody because it is such a good piece, and it is priced similarly, so I contradict even myself there. Glad to finally see some hip vents, they rock!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m a mesh vent fan but in this case the quick access to the knee pads is worth not having it.

I was happy to see the real world review by @Josh Boyd thanks for doing that. Seemed it was ready to go for the official release of the product which is what i was hoping to see.

Question for @Josh Boyd

What temps were you wearing the intercept gear in? Do you think it is breathable enough for hunting in 90 degree afternoon sits? Curious about tue temp range you would put on the pants esp…Lord knows i have plenty of hoodies for now

amassi

WKR
I wish all the brands would ditch the solid green color. I like earth tones, but that particular lichen color looks too much like a Boy Scout uniform.

Or “Green Jeans”
Ca department of corrections and fish and game both wear that tone of green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the exact opposite I don't want mesh. In well-used pants with mesh, they get stuck in the zipper when they fray and they also don't breathe as well as non-mesh.
Agreed! I’d choose no mesh on my pants as well

I'm the exact opposite I don't want mesh. In well-used pants with mesh, they get stuck in the zipper when they fray and they also don't breathe as well as non-mesh.
Our difference of opinion is very likely due to the environments we hunt in. Some enviorments, I'd be good with no mesh. But where I do most of my hunting, all kinds of dry pokey stuff gets into meshless hip vents. Like usual, there is a place for differences in simular products.