Sitka drama??

Anyone else catch euro optics email? They’re dumping sitka for good, because of their values? 30% off everything sitka on EuroOptics.com

853a2d0fb68597455bb20b7bfb1c2f1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bojangles21
Dang this is interesting. I wonder what happened

I’d think it would have to be quite catastrophic for the biggest dealer to drop the biggest hunting appeal company in the world

30% discount is probably only giving up half their profit margin....i have a bunch of sikta gear. It's good. But honestly if I would do it again I would by something like forloh that's actually American made. That said I have sitka pieces going on 12 years old that are still doing great

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

jahaze

FNG
Sitka has been on sale (25-45%) off almost everywhere. I suspect retailers are struggling to sell it, and Sitka won't give them a break so they can move excess inventory. I took a Quick Look, but prices would have to come down another 30% before I bite.

OP
Bojangles21
30% discount is probably only giving up half their profit margin....i have a bunch of sikta gear. It's good. But honestly if I would do it again I would by something like forloh that's actually American made. That said I have sitka pieces going on 12 years old that are still doing great

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Agreed. I’m not a sitka fanboy, I just thought that email was interesting and wanted to see if any yall had info on it. Forloh, origin, Kifaru for the win!

jrowl2282

FNG
As far as I know anyone that's fire service/LEO/ first responder gets 40% off through their pro program. I agree that their sales have been strange but I really feel like their build quality is really well done regardless of where it's built

Sitka has been on sale (25-45%) off almost everywhere. I suspect retailers are struggling to sell it, and Sitka won't give them a break so they can move excess inventory. I took a Quick Look, but prices would have to come down another 30% before I bite.

I think this is exactly it, probably enforcing the MAP pricing agreements and EuroOptic is big enough and has enough inventory not moving that they just finally scrapped it.

If they got to 50% I got some stuff I want but 30% just isn't doing it for me.

waspocrew

WKR
Agreed - I'll bite it it's like 50% off. Not a whole lot that I "need", but a big sale would definitely tempt me.

OP
Bojangles21
As far as I know anyone that's fire service/LEO/ first responder gets 40% off through their pro program. I agree that their sales have been strange but I really feel like their build quality is really well done regardless of where it's built

Yessir 40%. I didn’t think 30% was outstanding, just curious if anyone knew anything.

svivian

WKR
Meh, Sitka gives discounts to everyone and their mother anywhere from 40% off to 65% off…

Their wholesale is much lower than 30%. eurooptic is certainly not going to miss making an profit and sell at cost