Sitka ascent pant

chad1926

FNG
How does the Sitka ascent pants fit for those that have them? I usually were a 33x34 in boot cut jeans. Would like to have enough room for a base layer underneath

Lawnboi

WKR
They are atheletic cut.

I wear 32x32 in just about everything. 32s fit me perfect.

For reference I’m 5’6 and 150lbs.

They are great pants, tough, stretchy and dry quick. Thin but that’s what they are designed as.

I had no problem layering under them, and took them into early November last year in hunts I was moving a lot.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 5'8" and 170 wearing 33x33 and the 33R fit perfect, I'd say just match it to your jean size and you'll get a good fit as they are pretty true to size. They are the perfect hot weather hiking summer pants or active hunting pants, very breathable and light with good mobility. Would recommend for sure.

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
Thanks, anybody have a traverse zip t? Just wondering how the fit is on this also. Usually were a large in a Under Armour hoody for comparison but would like to be able to run a layer or two under it.

JD619er

WKR
I'm 5'10" 178lbs and I wear a 31-32x32 pants the ascemts I needed the 32 talls. I wear a medium traverse

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I usually fall in either a 30 or 31 waist. I have the ascents in 31R and they're a little loose (but maybe to be expected). That said, these are awesome pants. Super light weight yet can take a beating and I really like how stretchy the fabric is. I'll wear mine for any season. I have no issue with base layers underneath and the knee pad inserts are a nice feature.

marktole

WKR
I wear a 33x34 jean and like the Sitka ascent in a 34T (34x34). I went up a size in the waist from Sitka from my jeans to accommodate my thighs. If you have bigger thighs for whatever reason I might recommend that. I probably could wear the 33T, but they would be a little more snug.

As for the traverse, I am 6’, 185-190# and the large is perfect. Fits probably just a tad slimmer than a large under armour hoodie.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have disagree a little on the Ascent pants- I wear a 32 and followed the advice in the review section and ordered one up-a 33; I'm definitely glad I didn't order a 32

Just my experience, but I wear a 34 waist in most pants (including the Sitka Timberlines), but needed a 36R in the Ascents.

I am on the other end of the size spectrum. 38 jeans. 38 Sitka fits my waist but I need a 40 in Sitka pants to reduce the fire hazard potential in the thighs and ass. I find the ascents to be the slimmest fit of their hunting pants.

I have a traverse zip t. I am xl tall or xxl in most things. The xxl is a good but slim fit. If you are going to wear it over a bunch of layers think about sizing up. I bought mine as a mid layer so the fit works.

stu_manji

FNG
I am on the other end of the size spectrum. 38 jeans. 38 Sitka fits my waist but I need a 40 in Sitka pants to reduce the fire hazard potential in the thighs and ass. I find the ascents to be the slimmest fit of their hunting pants.

I have a traverse zip t. I am xl tall or xxl in most things. The xxl is a good but slim fit. If you are going to wear it over a bunch of layers think about sizing up. I bought mine as a mid layer so the fit works.

Thanks for the insight. I'm in about the same boat and was worried about the "fire hazard'potential as you put it. That's hilarious....

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How does the Sitka ascent pants fit for those that have them? I usually were a 33x34 in boot cut jeans. Would like to have enough room for a base layer underneath

The ascent pants are an athletic cut so they fit a little tighter than the mountain or timberlines. I run a 32R in the mountain and timberlines I am 5'8 on a good day lol. I run a 33 in my ascent pants just cause the way they button across the waist makes them a little tighter and I like to have that little extra room for play or base layers. I am huge fan of them especially early season they breath amazing and they are very quiet and light weight. Hope this helps out on the pants let us know if you have any more questions on them just give us a shout

kevf

FNG
I felt the need to reply to that thread to help others.
I would definitely recommend upsizing when ordering Sitka Ascent pants, as they
  • Have an athletic cut
  • Textile is tight, and not really stretching
I normally wear 32x32, and even can fit 31 on the waist, but I had to return the last 32R I had ordered and re-ordered a pair of 34R.

For reference, I'm having an athletic shape, and I am 5'9'' 151lbs.

Hope that helps someone.

jfs82

WKR
As another point of reference... They are athletic cut/fit, but not as much so as Kuiu stuff. Now if they would only give me some with hip vents...

Now if they would only give me some with hip vents...
i pretty much leave a comment on every instagrm post made by barlow and them when i can to remind them that it makes pants 1000% better. . i think its a dumb ego thing and since kuiu does it they will never do it.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
well they've already done it with their Equinox pants, they just need to continue on with the rest of their hunting pants :)