Sitka 45 Bivy???

J-Daddy

WKR
What's everyones opinion on the Sitka 4500cui Bivy pack???? I've seen a few popping up used at some pretty good prices lately and was wondering if they are really worth a crap. I've tried on empty ones but never had one on with any weight in it.

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
My brother had one and only used one season. Packed out a bear skull and hide with day hunt gear and didn't like it at all. But that is just one mans opinion. For light weight stuff he liked it but not a do all pack.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I too tried one with roughly 35-40lbs and it wasn't for me... Nothing about it really felt too good...

I've got one ... I've packed out the backstraps and neck meat from a bull last year in it, along with daypack hunting gear. I didn't mind (it was my first elk ... so uphill at 1 a.m. and I was still so high I didn't mind anything) ...

I've used it for 2-3 nights out, and I've been comfortable with that. If you're looking for a mid-price-range lightweight camping pack that doubles as a daypack, it's not bad.

I'm going on a 1-night trip this weekend with it, and for that trip I wouldn't think about taking a larger pack.

Full disclosure: I don't know much at all about packs compared to others on this forum.

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
i tried a badlands 4500, cabelas frame, rocky mountian pack systems, mystery ranch 6500 and sitka 4500. the sitka was my least favorite. the mystery ranch, badlands and RMPS were in good in that order.got a kifaru timberline coming now

Hoytnut

FNG
I used and still have a Sitka 45. For the most part its a decent lower weight pack and ay pack. The only thing I didn't like we're the very wimpy shooulder straps that dug into my shoulders with much weight. I've passed it on to my teenage boys who use it on scouting trips.