Sirui Tripod and ball head

cmeier117

WKR
Hey you guys I am playing around with a Sirui t1005x and a G10 ball head from them. The tripod is Aluminum and weighs 2.4 lbs and I can glass standing up with the thing. It is a 5 section tripod and folds down to 13 inches or so. The ball head is the smoothest I have used and supports 40lbs. So it is really smooth and has a panning base on it with a tension knob that holds the spotter still at any angle. I will post pics in a bit but this tripod looks to be a nice one. The tripod is also rated for 22lbs.

Sonoran

FNG
I have had that tripod for a year now and use the outdoorsmans pan head on it. Super solid and very packable. Love it!

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Yes it does seem like a nice tripod so far. I would love to have the ourdoorsmans pan head on it though!

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Dotman,

I am still torn on it. I am going in the back country this weekend and am going to get a lot of time behind it and digiscope with it. I really have a hard time picking a part optics and comparing to past spotters I have looked through. I like the size/weight of it but the jury is still out on the image. I will let you know in a few weeks what my final thoughts are.