Sirius Arrows

paxamus

WKR
Anyone had any experience with these? Specifically the Apollo’s? Thinking about getting some and wanted some input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
PresTex shoots them, I'm sure he would be happy to talk if you send him a PM.

Zac

WKR
One of the guys from the Lethal Podcast shoots them as well. Rob I think. Anyway they are a premium .204 shaft, as long as you don't mind a heavy gpi you will probably love them.

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
Right now, I’m shooting Black Eagle XImpacts. They are nice, and have the same GPI, but I was wanting something a bit stronger

Zac

WKR
XImpacts are going to be considerably lighter GPI than Sirius. I'm sure Sirius is plenty strong shaft if that's what your after. Day 6, Vector Custom shop, and probably that new steel impregnated shaft from Victory Would be durable options as well.

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
I’m shooting a 200 spine, so my GPI is like 11 and the Apollo’s are like 10.6 (for the 250 spine) so they are close- just hoping they are a bit more robust

Zac

WKR
I'd look at Sirius if I was interested in moving from a micro diameter to a .204. I'm sure you would pick up some durability with the move, however there may be more durable arrows out there. You could drastically improve the durability of your X Impacts with Valkyrie collars.

Zac

WKR
The way an arrow builds durability is through materials, and simply adding carbon. Materials alone would be something like the steel impregnated mesh on a Victory shaft. Additional carbon can be added in higher quantities when your dealing with a smaller diameter. This way there is more material that can be added to the outside diameter without having a ridiculously large shaft. This is why Day 6, and Vector Custom Shop are so strong. The .204s, and .246s, are going to be proportionally weaker shafts than the thick walled micro diameter shafts. You need to ask yourself what it is specifically that you want. I don't think any .204 shaft is going to beat an ultra thick carbon micro diameter for pure durability. Now components is an entirely different subject.

TheViking

WKR
Just built a half dozen Apollo - 250 spine. I really like the look and feel so far. Just retuned my bow, hoping to get reps this weekend.

They’re coming in a hair under stated GPI (10.86) Shafts were cut at 28.75 + 100 grain ethics half out and they were weighing around 403-405.

I added a 100 grain broadhead, wrap, 3 fletch TAC vanes 2.75 driver, plus a lighted nock. They’re all finishing around 553 grains and around 14% FOC. Pretty wicked build!

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
Just built a half dozen Apollo - 250 spine. I really like the look and feel so far. Just retuned my bow, hoping to get reps this weekend.

They’re coming in a hair under stated GPI (10.86) Shafts were cut at 28.75 + 100 grain ethics half out and they were weighing around 403-405.

I added a 100 grain broadhead, wrap, 3 fletch TAC vanes 2.75 driver, plus a lighted nock. They’re all finishing around 553 grains and around 14% FOC. Pretty wicked build!

That’s almost exactly what I run except no wrap and same vanes, but 4 fletch!! I was thinking about going with the insert/outsert combo- maybe aluminum insert with the stainless outsert

TheViking

WKR
This half out is pretty awesome. Sits inside the arrow 1-5/16”, sturdy as hell. I’ve always used collars - IW and VPA and I feel it’s just another extra component to tinker with. I would get some chipping on the fronts of my arrows as well. This front end should be plenty tough and I can’t see that half out bending unless you slam some concrete or steel, which any system will bend.

Side note - how do you like those in a 4 fletch? These steer pretty awesome with just three and a 3 degree offset.

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
I’m really liking the 4 fletch- those Tac Drivers are no joke. Did yours spin well with the outsert?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I ordered some Apollo 250's this past summer, but they showed up too late to have them ready for hunting season. I put 50gr brass HIT's in them with 125's and every one of them pulled out within a few shots into foam. I ran out of my golf club epoxy so had to use some stuff I found at the hardware store. New club epoxy is due today I think, so I should be able to try these again soon. I also might have to try the 200's.