Single night shelter opinions?

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a shelter that can be used for on maybe two nights during rifle seasons in CO. I don't get to hunt in CO a lot because of work and I am trying to find the most efficient use of my time. Last year I set up a really nice car camp setup that allowed me to be mobile but at times I was wanting to go a little further in and stay the night to be in a prime position for the morning hike. I was looking at a bivy at first but after reading some peoples accounts I am broadening my search. Right now I am thinking of an Akto. Open to everyones opinion. Cheers

Take a look at the mountainsmith mountain shelter, lightweight and plenty big for 1 person overnight with gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
I love the Akto. My hiking buddy used to have one. I would take a look at the Big Agnes Fly Creek Platinum. the 2 person version is quite a bit larger and significantly lighter than the Akto. And they are basically the same cost. The materials of the Akto are a little more stout. You have to be a bit more careful with the lighter materials of the BA tent. But, I’ve had mine for 6 years and put a ton of nights in it and I only have 2 tiny pin holes in the floor.

cmahoney

WKR
I am really happy with my BA copper spur one man. You can set it up without stakes or very minimum stakes. Using all of the guyouts it does really well in the wind. The side opening with good size vestibule is nice in the rain or snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk