Simplest recipe for venison in a crock pot?

The Lipton soap or Cream of mushroom recipes are the top "simple recipes" from my childhood. Depending on the cut, BBQ sauce alone can be a great one.

codyadams

FNG
Meat. Like 4ish lbs, more or less is fine. I don't measure, I just cook enough for the wife and I, plus 3 kids, and some for leftovers.

1 chopped white or yellow onion.

1 small can cambells tomato soup. Half the can again water/beer/dark colored soda, whatever.

2 packets taco or fajita seasoning, your choice.

Mix a little. Cook it. I use a pressure cooker, crock pot does the same thing just slower.

Pull out cooked meat, shred it with forks. Put back in crock pot, mix it up.

Boom. Awesome taco meat. Put it on your favorite type of tortilla with whatever else you want. I usually go for flour tortilla, lightly fried in olive oil, throw on the meat, some type of bean, sour cream, hot sauce/salsa, and cheese.

It is also super good after you get it all cooked up, to throw in some Velveeta or other soft cheese and make a meaty quaso chip dip for big gatherings.

TheGDog

WKR
Super simple Huh? Hrmm... Water...some Olive Oil to carry the flavor all around.
Cumin, Oregano, Basil, Knorr Chicken Boullioun, and a little Scriracha.

Then bring up the salt slowly to Taste with Lawry's Seasoned Salt.

Just enough water to cover the meat initially...maybe 1 inch above that if you're gonna be gone a long time that day.

That simple enough?

To make it even better.. add in two capfuls of Liquid Smoke Hickory Smoke Flavoring.

roadglide

FNG
One of my favorites is venison carnitas. Basically venison with some beef broth and some Mexican seasonings. Could do a taco packet or a some spices likes cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, onion power. Take the pulled venison out of crock pot and serve up on tacos and top as you wish. View attachment 271755
That looks great, will try this one.

Trim/stew meat (brown if desired), #9 can of red enchilada sauce, beer or water if looking a bit dry. Run on low overnight. Good as taco meat or base for chili.

The other day I seasoned and seared a whitetail roast, threw it in the crockpot with onions mushrooms worcestershire sauce and a brown gravy packet.
Came out great!

I have a thread on Mississippi pot roast going here. Hands down my favorite. Try cubing the meat if you are not going to sear it. Chop up an onion if you like. Mix it up and let it do its thing. I make this dish about 2x per month And eat it over rice, pottaoes or in French bread sandwiches.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Brown/sear the meat in a hot skillet before the crockpot. You will be amazed if you have not been doing this first, no matter the recipe!
And dont be skeered of some good charred bits in the pan either. Deglaze that caramelized meat from the pan and add it to the slow cooker. Not bad if done on a grill too. Ive done it many times for a chili verde. Heavy browning and a bit a burned edges add tons of flavor to the broth/gravy/stock/ect. Otherwise its just boiled meat.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425