Silencerco omega 300 DTM for my first (probably only) suppressor?

LA Hunter

FNG
Older model, SilencerCo Harvester Evo, for less at $499:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Omega is a great can, especially for the price (I think its around $600 at Capital Armory).

Another great value suppressor is the Diligent Defense Enticer L-ti, which can be found for around ~$800. That one is Ti. Their steel versions are cheaper (Enticer L is ~$600), which will obviously be heavier.

I don't think you will see any real appreciable benefits in precision increase between Titanium or Steel suppressors.

The biggest difference between those materials when it comes to suppressors is weight, and durability. Titanium is more brittle, and typically is not suitable for very demanding firing schedules (think full auto), unless its designed for it. For precision rifle use, the only real difference is weight and cost.
I was going to say, look at the diligent defense silencers. By all reports they are excellent and they make models that aren’t titanium so they are much more affordable.

One other difference between. Stainless silencer and a titanium one is the cleaning method. A titanium silencer can just soak in CLR and be rinsed out. Stainless can’t soak in corrosive liquids like titanium can.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Older model, SilencerCo Harvester Evo, for less at $499:

I don't have much experience with the Harvester - it's been many years since I've been around one.

Apparently good cans designed for hunting use. Probably similar suppression to an Omega. Not as durable, it's not designed to be ran on semi-autos if that's a criteria for you.

wesfromky

WKR
Otter creek has been mentioned a couple times - I have some of the Ti cans, but the steel models are great values.

turbo406

FNG
Love my omega 300, it turned my 20 inch 300 win mag into a pleasure to shoot. I jumped on it for the price and being available locally while I waited on my banish 30 to get approved. Im not good enough to tell you if there is a difference in sound quality between the two but I would not hesitate to buy another one and almost did last weekend. As a coyote hunter I really like the brute aspect of the omega because I can be slightly hard on things while in the field.

LA Hunter

FNG
I was going to say, look at the diligent defense silencers. By all reports they are excellent and they make models that aren’t titanium so they are much more affordable.

One other difference between. Stainless silencer and a titanium one is the cleaning method. A titanium silencer can just soak in CLR and be rinsed out. Stainless can’t soak in corrosive liquids like titanium can.
Thanks for pointing out the corrosion resistance component between TI and steel. Good to know especially for cans with layers of baffles that need to be cleaned.