SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

700-223

FNG
Supposedly, Sig will have the 6CM available soon. I have two 6CMs in Fieldcraft and am sold on that cartridge......for my needs.
That’s the one I’m interested in. Have a cross in 6.5 CM, but for a coyote gun and first deer rifle for my boys (6 and 9 yo) think it’ll be ideal.

Leaning towards one of the barrels from Schnee’s or IBI. 22CM looks fun, but not big game legal here in Canada. Are aftermarket barrels available with the barrel extension yet or is Sig still keeping those close to home?

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That’s the one I’m interested in. Have a cross in 6.5 CM, but for a coyote gun and first deer rifle for my boys (6 and 9 yo) think it’ll be ideal.

Leaning towards one of the barrels from Schnee’s or IBI. 22CM looks fun, but not big game legal here in Canada. Are aftermarket barrels available with the barrel extension yet or is Sig still keeping those close to home?

I would say to everyone reading this thread...stay tuned. we have some really bada** stuff in the pipline.

- matt

Supposedly, Sig will have the 6CM available soon. I have two 6CMs in Fieldcraft and am sold on that cartridge......for my needs.
I wouldn't mind one of those. I sold my 6.5CM before I got any bad ideas about modifying it, but I think a shorter barrel 6CM makes more sense since you can get the velocity up

mt100gr.

WKR
I would say to everyone reading this thread...stay tuned. we have some really bada** stuff in the pipline.

- matt
Hopefully someone (you!) is finally releasing a lighter weight butt stock and hand guard line!! I think the cross could be a lot leaner. Thank you!

I and a buddy picked up one of the barrels from Schnees. Is anyone interested in factory barrels? I have a UNFIRED 308 barrel and my buddy has a low round 6.5 creedmoor barrel. We're both looking to get rid of them.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have stayed now what's the details!!!!!
cant discuss it yet.. hoping soon. On the extension front, there has been movement, but they won't just be openly available to buy on their own for a while. Cant really say more than that. - matt

saintzman

FNG
cant discuss it yet.. hoping soon. On the extension front, there has been movement, but they won't just be openly available to buy on their own for a while. Cant really say more than that. - matt
Oh Matt you tease! Got a date to "stay tuned" for?

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
That would help. This thread is now two years’ worth of staying tuned.

mt100gr.

WKR
^^^^This!!! From Sig, too. How is the aftermarket innovation so slow with this rifle???

Matt, are there even products in the works?? For which end of the rifle?? How badass are we talking?? Like a wallet?? Anything to keep me from selling mine?.....🙄

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That would help. This thread is now two years’ worth of staying tuned.

I hate it as much as everyone else, believe me.. Things unfortunately just take a lot of time to make happen. I will say, we did try to do our own extensions and got as far as the prototyping stages, BUT... to produce them on our own was going to run around 550/ea.. I doubt anyone would want to pay as much as a barrel for the extension, when the extensions are super easy to reuse.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
^^^^This!!! From Sig, too. How is the aftermarket innovation so slow with this rifle???

Matt, are there even products in the works?? For which end of the rifle?? How badass are we talking?? Like a wallet?? Anything to keep me from selling mine?.....🙄

Products are actually in the works. I can't discuss everything, but one thing we're working on will be a drop-in ready, complete barrel assembly. IE: complete with head spaced extension. I'll be able to discuss it more when things start to get released. Stuff just takes time. I hate it too. haha. - matt

I and a buddy picked up one of the barrels from Schnees. Is anyone interested in factory barrels? I have a UNFIRED 308 barrel and my buddy has a low round 6.5 creedmoor barrel. We're both looking to get rid of them.
I registered an account after being a lurker to reply to this LOL. Still have the 6.5? Send me a PM with contact info if so

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok, some news!

- We have custom order barrels on the website now. you can pick your chambering, length & twist - https://schnees.com/search.php?search_query=SIG+CROSS+CUSTOM+BARREL

- We've been working on drop in ready barrel assemblies. Complete with extension, head spaced and ready to install. This has been a long time coming, but we're hoping to start taking orders before summer is over. No exact ETA at this time.

700-223

FNG
Ok, some news!

- We have custom order barrels on the website now. you can pick your chambering, length & twist - https://schnees.com/search.php?search_query=SIG+CROSS+CUSTOM+BARREL

- We've been working on drop in ready barrel assemblies. Complete with extension, head spaced and ready to install. This has been a long time coming, but we're hoping to start taking orders before summer is over. No exact ETA at this time.
Great news! I think a six Creedmoor is in my future. Love the idea of a drop in barrel for this rifle - what tools are required to swap barrels?

PS. Any idea how I can get one of these in Canada?

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For anyone looking for a deal on a barrel... we have two 6.5x47 lapua barrels up for grabs that a customer cancelled on us. They are screaming deals. If you don't like the cartridge, i believe you can have it re-chambered into a creedmoor.

check them out here: