Sig comps

jpmulk

WKR
For those of you with hands on experience with sig pistols,

What are your thoughts on sigs built in comps? Is the specter comp version of their guns worth it? Or just a marketing ploy? How do they compare to aftermarket comps?

I feel like I’ve read mixed reviews which is probably my answer. Lemme know your thoughts.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
i dont have any first hand experience with their compensated models. but unless it's a competition handgun and in a caliber that really needs a compensator, seems a bit unnecessary. my 365XL shoots just fine without any recoil reduction. spectre models might look fancier, but you end up paying a lot more for that.

comes down to what purpose is this gun serving for you? everyday carry or target or competition...?

OP
jpmulk

jpmulk

WKR
i dont have any first hand experience with their compensated models. but unless it's a competition handgun and in a caliber that really needs a compensator, seems a bit unnecessary. my 365XL shoots just fine without any recoil reduction. spectre models might look fancier, but you end up paying a lot more for that.

comes down to what purpose is this gun serving for you? everyday carry or target or competition...?
It will be edc. And your answer is essentially what I was thinking. Ultimately trying to understand cost vs effectiveness. Sounds like the built in comp is not worth the money

I will take a different line than @LeftyWilbury

comps for EDC have evolved a lot in the past years. Sigs integrated comps do work and they don’t seem to impact reliability in the way that comps have in the past on gamer guns. I run a couple and there is a noticeable difference in recoil especially with hotter ammo.

I have used a p365x with a Parker mountain machine comp as my primary carry for a while now. I tested it for about 500 rounds before I trusted it. It is probably getting close to 2k rounds and it runs reliably. I am a big fan of their integrated comps and have shot several loaner guns. I am looking for a sale or a lightly used x macro comp for my next edc.

I have a g45 built up with a pMm dual port comp. It also reduces muzzle flip substantially and makes the gun track better for follow up shots.

I have shot several comped p320s and they all handle very well. I would go with the Axg legion and skip the slide holes and crap on the specter models.