Side Stabilizer mount reccomendations?

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious what side/back bar mounts you guys have had best luck with on a hunting bow. Only requirement is it will mount on the backside of my riser and the stab is connected via QD.

Not a ton of experience with stabilizers so wanting to get one to tinker with and learn on. I was eyeballing the Cutter mount, sounds like it's bomb proof for hunting, but the price tag has me questioning. Also looking at the TAP and AAE mounts. Before I pulled the trigger just curious if there was other brands worth looking at. Keep missing the used ones that pop up on classifies but some of them are selling for near new prices.

OR Archer

WKR

This is a great option.

Just curious what side/back bar mounts you guys have had best luck with on a hunting bow. Only requirement is it will mount on the backside of my riser and the stab is connected via QD.

Not a ton of experience with stabilizers so wanting to get one to tinker with and learn on. I was eyeballing the Cutter mount, sounds like it's bomb proof for hunting, but the price tag has me questioning. Also looking at the TAP and AAE mounts. Before I pulled the trigger just curious if there was other brands worth looking at. Keep missing the used ones that pop up on classifies but some of them are selling for near new prices.

I recently switched to the CBE Torx mounts. They’re impressively tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider

This is a great option.

Also eyeballing that one forgot about it!

So I guess my question is there a big difference between all the options or do they all end up doing the same in the end?

Several mounts rely just on friction on the mating faces, or use a tooth washer to try to lock them down.

The Shrewd Atlas has a flat that can sit against the riser. I put a bit of tape on it so it doesn't mark the riser, but I haven't had one slip.

Then they lock down extremely tight on the rotating assemblies too. So overall just an extremely solid mount.

tdoublev

FNG
I haven’t really understood the price of some of these mounts. I bought a v bar off Amazon for $33 and it came with two quick disconnects. Works perfect for me. Haven’t smacked it against a tree, but also haven’t had any problems with anything coming loose. https://a.co/d/i9p1Jz6

KBC

WKR
Following this one. Is there a mount with a quick disconnect that doesn't stick out past the width of the limbs? I'd like to be able to strap my bow flat in it's case without resting on the side bar mount.

Titanium Archery products has one that is reasonable. I use his stabs and have been happy with the backbar mount. Pretty simple setup but it works. Mine is front mounted but will mount to the back too. Not a great pic but you can kinda see it.

Attachments

• Inline 5 lower.jpg
    Inline 5 lower.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 17
Following this one. Is there a mount with a quick disconnect that doesn't stick out past the width of the limbs? I'd like to be able to strap my bow flat in it's case without resting on the side bar mount.

I can't think of any. It of course depends on the bow, and how wide your limb pockets are.

Several won't protrude past that line if they were set straight back, but then the back bar wouldn't clear the string. Depends on what angle you will use the bar at. Some guys get them cocked way out, some have them very close to parallel with the limbs.

It's possible the newer Hoyt mount would work, but that's only an option on the Hoyt bows.

Reactions: KBC
OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t really understood the price of some of these mounts. I bought a v bar off Amazon for $33 and it came with two quick disconnects. Works perfect for me. Haven’t smacked it against a tree, but also haven’t had any problems with anything coming loose. https://a.co/d/i9p1Jz6
Thanks I'll check it out. That's what's getting me is the prices range from $30 to $200 and I'm questioning at what point do they all become the same performance wise.

OR Archer

WKR
You’re trying to compare cheap Chinese made products to US designed and manufactured products. That’s where you’re getting the price difference.

You’re trying to compare cheap Chinese made products to US designed and manufactured products. That’s where you’re getting the price difference.

Add knock off production.

They simply buy and copy.

It's a lot of what put Parker Bows out of business.

Everyone can spend your money how you want, it's how we vote anymore. Just think a little before you buy, where your money is going and what it's supporting.

Ray.

FNG

Can't go wrong with Cutter. It's more expensive for sure but I don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for American Made and a crew that really takes care of it's customers.

I like the shrewd design, easy to get tight and stays tight but also easy to adjust. Some models that are tapered wedge together so tight you have to tap them apart to adjust. Aae and Bowfinger also make good designs

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks all, ended up ordering the Shrewd Atlas and a Cutter bar to go on it.