Shower with body jets?

So we're about to make a major mast bath upgrade... Gonna take my office that is just used for piling gear up and displaying show posters into a great master bath instead of the small half bath we have now.

My big question is body jets in the shower. How many of y'all have them, and use them?

I've worked on a lot of bathrooms with them, but never used one with them.

TaperPin

WKR
I’ve had a few clients who say they use them, but more that have them and don’t use them.

Another option if you like extra water spraying - is using a second valve for a dedicated hand held and putting multiple holders on the wall. The adjustable holders aren’t easy to adjust so they get set at one spot and never used.

One of the hand held brackets is down somewhat low near a little bench for women to rinse the razor while shaving legs. One of my clients insisted on this layout for her master bath shower, so I put this one in ours and it has been a hit.

These little hand held brackets are only about $10 and don’t look horrible even with two or three on a wall. There’s a bracket up higher so it sprays across to the main side of the shower for a body spray, but we never use it. Mainly the hand held gets used to shave legs, rinse the shower while cleaning, or wash dogs.

ABD62D98-6DD3-4724-A313-D523E858CB28.jpeg

Never used a shower with body jets but we do sell the components for them where I work. From a plumbing standpoint make sure you have enough flow coming to your bathroom to support the heads/jets you put in. I opted for two shower heads/controls in our walk in shower in the master. His and hers set up. Hers has the hand held option for cleaning the shower and it comes in handy washing the dogs.

It's been on the list of home improvements long enough for me to wonder if we'll ever actually fund it, but I want a big ass shower with two shower heads and add steam. I'd much rather have steam than jets.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pretty nice shower and have 4 wall jets opposite of my main shower head. Both have their own controls. Brizzo I think is the brand. I never use them to be honest. I have a normal wall shower head, rain head, and wand. They kind of make a mess and splash in my eyes. If I were to add anything, it would be a jet about shin height to knock the grass off my legs after weedeating during the summer, but I can get that with the wand as well.

TaperPin

WKR
It's been on the list of home improvements long enough for me to wonder if we'll ever actually fund it, but I want a big ass shower with two shower heads and add steam. I'd much rather have steam than jets.

I had some disagreements with tile setters about the use of liquid membranes for steam showers, and found this technical manual that describes all sorts of things in detail that many tile setters are rusty on. Laticrete is a major supplier of tiling supplies.

Firestone

WKR
We got 4 jets and a normal shower head. I use ours everyday. Also have a shower head on a bar that's nice to clean the shower with and wash the dogs. With that much water make sure you have minimum 3/4" waterlines running that direction and a big hot water heater.

Tmac

WKR
Have them in a house we bought over 20 years ago, has a waterfall too. Don’t use. Might ought to check if it still works, last check was well over a year ago. Novelty at best for us.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
I have the body sprayers and use them. They're a must IMO, but if I could only have one sprayer, it would be the handheld. The body sprayers are more for relaxing in a nice spa, than they are necessary. I think the body sprayers are personal preferance, but if you're spending $20-30k or whatever on your remodel, the sprayers will probably be in the $500-$1k range to add now, so not terribly that much difference. If you want to add them later to an existing bathroom, they'd probably be $5k with tile and plumbing re-do. Here are some pics of mine in a small bathroom. A few other things that I think are nice is curbless shower, the wall mount toilet (tank is in the wall and it doesn't touch the floor), radiant heat floors and the temp/volume control is by the door on the opposite side from the heads so you don't get wet turning it on.1079 bath.jpeg1079 shitter.jpeg1079 bath 1.jpeg

OP
displacedtexan
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the feedback.

It's gonna be a good sized shower (5'x5') with dual heads, and separate 3/4 lines feeding each one. Definitely a wand, probably 2. Basically two fully functional showers overlaid on each other.

No bench, glass on 2 sides. Just a little ledge for her shaving her legs.

I like controls on the opposite side, but forgot to include it on our plans!

If your not doing a bench look into the a company call ARB for teak portable shower benches. We have a triangle shaped one in the corner for my wife shaving her legs. Its nice to have the option to have it in the shower or not.

OP
displacedtexan
If your not doing a bench look into the a company call ARB for teak portable shower benches. We have a triangle shaped one in the corner for my wife shaving her legs. Its nice to have the option to have it in the shower or not.
I'm planning on building a teak one shortly after the bathroom is done.

Personally i would probably go with a rainfall/drop down from the ceiling wide head and a switchable wand before I did multiple nozzles.

mi650

WKR
Never used a shower with body jets but we do sell the components for them where I work. From a plumbing standpoint make sure you have enough flow coming to your bathroom to support the heads/jets you put in. I opted for two shower heads/controls in our walk in shower in the master. His and hers set up. Hers has the hand held option for cleaning the shower and it comes in handy washing the dogs.
Sounds like about the same setup as ours, but for whatever reason the side with the handheld is mine.

def90

WKR
I was working in Steamboat for a while and rented a townhome for a month. They had a shower with the jets as well as a steam shower. Both were pretty awesome.

Also worked on a home in Jackson Hole some time ago. They had heated towel bars, that was pretty awesome as well coming out of the shower to a heated towel in the winter.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
So we're about to make a major mast bath upgrade... Gonna take my office that is just used for piling gear up and displaying show posters into a great master bath instead of the small half bath we have now.

My big question is body jets in the shower. How many of y'all have them, and use them?

I've worked on a lot of bathrooms with them, but never used one with them.
We just did a major bath renovation and put those body sprayers in, or as my Spanglish speaking contractor collectively called them “car wash for your body”. it cost about an extra $800-1000 and was easily the best money we spent. Every day feels like I’m showering in a luxury resort spa. Its basically ruined me.