Shout out to Seek Outside

SonnyDay

WKR
I have a 6-man Seek Outside tipi that has been great. I just re-did all the guy lines to lighten the weight and reduce moisture absorption /freezing in the paracord I've been using. When setting the tipi up, I noticed that the end cap on the carbon pole got smashed somehow (I blame children)... so I looked on the SO site for a replacement. But apparently a part that small/insignificant doesn't make the Tent Accessories list.

I ended up ordering an end cap off Amazon that seemed like it might work... but it was slightly too big and I was worried I might weaken the carbon by trying to jam it in. I was also worried that using the pole on rocky/gravelly ground without any end cap might weaken the carbon with scraping/scoring... and my backup was going to be duct tape. But in a moderate wind, the duct tape would likely abrade through after a day or two and start crunching the pole end.

In the process of replacing the guy lines, I realized I could use some additional twisted stakes for when we end up camped at the truck.

So I ordered a pack from SO as they actually had the best price.

In the Order Comments box I mentioned that I would love an end cap replacement, would be happy to pay for it, etc.

Stakes arrived today... along with a free end cap they just threw in.

I know it is small potatoes and a $1 part... but I appreciate a local (we're both in CO) US-based company that can make this happen through their website/eCommerce technology and their order fulfillment process.

I will be buying from them again for sure.

Thanks Seek Outside!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
David56