Should I buy this Bow Press?

TheCougar

WKR
For a number of reasons I have been thinking about getting a bow press... I originally wanted to keep it to less than $250. I was at my bow shop and mentioned off hand to the owner that I was thinking about getting a press and asked him for his recommendation. He had recently upgraded to a couple of Spike presses and he has an LCA press in the back of the shop gathering dust. The press is an LCA EZ Ultimate Deluxe, and includes the floor stand, a bunch of extra fingers and spare/extra parts to press pretty much every bow on the market. It also has the draw board attachment, and the adaptor that lets it swivel the bow to parallel or perpendicular. I hope I’m explaining all this correctly - I’m not super familiar with all this. He will sell it to me for $450... more than I want to spend, but it seems like a really good deal. What say the informed crowd?
2040E99D-8174-44AB-9DD1-6F456F5FBEB6.jpeg679EDC0F-B2D4-49EC-940B-4938EC11629F.jpeg088B69B6-F4F0-46C4-9224-02AB5212705B.jpeg

V-TRAIN

WKR
yes i would get it for that price, that is a good deal, it also has a draw board.
that press alone new (prices on their site with stand) is $780, plus the draw board is another $220.
then there are the extra fingers, i am sure they are pricey. so for $450 i would be all over it if i didn't already have a press. trust me once you have a press you will love it.

It's a great deal if you have the money and can use it. In my opinion that's one of the easier to use setups. The draw board feature is pretty easy to use, and doesn't take up anymore space than the press does anyway.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
It's a great deal if you have the money and can use it. In my opinion that's one of the easier to use setups. The draw board feature is pretty easy to use, and doesn't take up anymore space than the press does anyway.

It would probably take 3-4 years of bow shop service to recoup the cost. But I like being able to work on my own gear and learn how to service it.

It would probably take 3-4 years of bow shop service to recoup the cost. But I like being able to work on my own gear and learn how to service it.

For me it was the time it took to get to the shop. I can use anything there for free, but my time is valuable. Plus I generally am outside of shop hours when I need to do something.

Also I hose Hoyt adapters aren't cheap, if your getting those I'd sell them if you don't need them.

Edit-. Make sure he shows you how to properly use it, make sure you use the safety cord with the draw board.