Shots Fired...T3 338 Win Mag.

JG358

WKR
Shilling barrel on a Montana 1999 action, HS stock, tally ring/bases leupold 2.5-8x 36

250gr swift a-frame backed by 88.5gr RL-22... 2930 FPS

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Ooo baby! Sounds like a real hammer. Not a lot being said these days about Shilen pipes. I have one on a 284 Win I had built last winter. I like it. Minimal fouling and a true 1 holer with the right brew. How do you like the 2.5X- 8X Leupold? Been thinking about one for the 338.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
T43,
I haven't been around the limbsavers. I hate muzzlebrakes due to noise, BUT, I have to admit they can make a kid's gun out of the bigger calibers. I've seen a few brakes installed post-factory by qualified gunsmiths and they seemed good.

How'd she win the gun?

All the muzzle brake guns I have shot have been obnoxiously loud. Getting the reciol down without one would be my main goal. I have a few years to get it set up so there is plenty of time to try things out. If nothing else works I will put a brake on.

She won it at the Wood River RMEF banquet. I put her name on all my tickets because I never win. It worked and she had the biggest ear to ear smile for the rest of the night. I tried to talk her out of it and told her she could trade it for something better for her but she is so attached I figure I will just figure out a way to make it a great gun for her. It would be really easy to add weight but I also want to find the perfect bamance between weight, load and recoil.

JG358

WKR
All the muzzle brake guns I have shot have been obnoxiously loud..

No doubt, I wear ear plugs and muffs when I have to test fire them!

As for recoil pads.... Kick Eez had the most significant reduction of felt recoil of the pads I've used.

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
I am sure having the hardest times tracking a Tikka t3 lite in 338. Nobody around me has one right now.