Shotgun loads for coyote?

this!
I've shot dozens of yotes and fox with shotgun. Lead BB is the minimum I would use on yotes, lead 2's for fox. 3.5" #4 buck was my go-to through a patternmaster choke for years before I switched to tungsten loads. I've shot a half dozen coyotes with steel BB, 2's, or 1's, all while goose hunting, and I never had a DRT shot on one even though all were inside 40 yards. Get some lead or tungsten, pattern, hunt.

A properly choked load of tss #7.5 is something to behold in action. Very expensive to buy but devastation
To anything in its path for a long ways out.

MattB

WKR
Not sure if you guys have played with shells with the flite control wads, but a firearms trainer friend has played with them with 00 buck and said it was ridiculous - keeping all pellets on a silhouette target to 70 yards while most will start throwing pellets between 25-35 yards.

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
#4buck 2 3/4” is bad medicine on coyotes. Pair up with an improved cylinder choke tube

dtrkyman

WKR
I have some Wichester B shot, it is "hevi" shot 12 gcc. Lethal stuff, the rounds are marketed for geese but are a deadly Coyote load, they had the same load in coyote rounds in a 5 round box.

I don't hunt yotes anymore, I have a case of those shells if anyone is interested pm me.

I killed a few with number 4 buck as well.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
I have some Wichester B shot, it is "hevi" shot 12 gcc. Lethal stuff, the rounds are marketed for geese but are a deadly Coyote load, they had the same load in coyote rounds in a 5 round box.

I don't hunt yotes anymore, I have a case of those shells if anyone is interested pm me.

I killed a few with number 4 buck as well.
Sending you a pm.

4BK in your load of choice, OR the Hornady lead BB varmint loading. I personally shoot the Hevi Dead Coyote, and the pattern retains density at extended ranges even over 4BK, but 4BK to 40 or 50 yds. should be no big issue.