Shooting Stick(s)/Trekking Pole(s)

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
What is the favorite? Two items in one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
I prefer to shoot off of pack or bi-pod (spartan precision).
My go to trekking poles are Sissy Stix / Peax equipment co.

JRMiller

WKR
When im hiking up the mountain, or down the mountain, im using my trekking poles.
But on the mountain, during an active hunt, im not typically using/carrying trekking poles.
I’ll use whatever natural feature is near and solid, and if not then my pack.
Antelope hunts i like using my spotting tripod with the V attachment mounted.

weiser precision, turn your trekking poles into shooting sticks. Super sturdy and saves you weight and bulk for backpacking.

OP
Fourteen

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
weiser precision, turn your trekking poles into shooting sticks. Super sturdy and saves you weight and bulk for backpacking.

This is what I’m talking about. Is there a shooting stick (hopefully a bipod) that can be used as a trekking pole. Just wondering the options.
10f9c80c849208aab4957444640789c6.jpg

This what what you’re talking about but wanting to simplify this.

Last edited:
This is what I’m talking about. Is there a shooting stick (hopefully a bipod) that can be used as a trekking pole. Just wondering the options.
10f9c80c849208aab4957444640789c6.jpg

This what what you’re talking about but wanting to simplify this.

Looks like they have a new attachment system. I have been using them as shooting sticks without any kind of bipod attachment. Honestly it could not be any better of a system. If you already having trekking poles and like shooting sticks it’s an absolute no brainer.

dwent

FNG
You can also just loop the handles together with the wrist straps. It's quick, easy, and pretty solidly attached. No need to fumble with an extra attachment mechanism, or have the added weight.

JakeSCH

WKR
I have the Tricer GTP-RS system and it shoots pretty well. it basically replaces legs on the spartan javelin that allows you to connect up your trekking poles.

I've been consistently shooting it within a 2" circle at 100 yards (3 shot groups)....which i was honestly excited about because shooting sticks is not easy.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I purchased Weiser Precision stick adapters, from S&S Archery, to put on my black diamond trekking poles...can’t wait! #SendIt

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
I use a pair of Black Diamond poles held together with a 9" ski strap (basically a rubber belt), rifle nested in the crook. The connection is just as solid as with the Wiser Quick-Stix, and the whole setup is just as stable, though it's not as quick to set up. However, that strap only cost me $4.50 instead of $37 and it's 2oz lighter, so I'm fine with the trade offs.