Shooting input?

SHoug07

FNG
Doing this cold bow challenge I seem to be pulling left. Wondering if I could get some input on my form/ process. I think I am being to aggressive on the trigger and not enough back tension, but I am pretty inexperienced. I can watch all the videos but feedback would be nice.

Ucsdryder

WKR
A couple easy things. Your draw length is too long. You’re pulling the trigger vs using back tension. Tie a string around your neck with a weight at the end. It should go between your legs past your belly button. Guarantee it’s not doing that because you’re leaning back to compensate for the draw length. When that trigger goes off your hand should be flying backward because you’re putting back tension on the release.

OP
SHoug07

SHoug07

FNG
Draw looks too long; you're leaning back to compensate; head appears tilted. Try to get the camera angle better, ie, straight at your side,not forward of it.

Not great with the jacket. Still working on angles with the girlfriend. VideoCapture_20200412-184136.jpg

Explain pulling left. Is it every so often you send one left? As you are shooting and you start to get warmed up your group shifts left?

Didn't watch the video maybe you explained it.

OP
SHoug07

SHoug07

FNG
Explain pulling left. Is it every so often you send one left? As you are shooting and you start to get warmed up your group shifts left?

Didn't watch the video maybe you explained it.

Just left on target doing the one arrow cold shot. But in general I start to fall apart further than 40 yards. From the stuff I have looked into I believe I am collapsing some front arm and leaning on my back leg leaving me leaned back and poor shot activation.

4ester

WKR
DL too long, looks like facial pressure on string is pretty high.

Try shooting with feet together and that will make you stand straight up.

I’ve been working on my form as well, and we share similar issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just left on target doing the one arrow cold shot. But in general I start to fall apart further than 40 yards. From the stuff I have looked into I believe I am collapsing some front arm and leaning on my back leg leaving me leaned back and poor shot activation.

Could be lots of things, have someone watch you from behind to see if your elbow is in a consistent position. I sometimes get to swinging by elbow. Also your grip looked ok in the video but it's something you can loose concentration on. Try shooting some where you are purposely gripping and torquing the bow. See if it replicates what is happening. You might be able to tune around it if it's your grip.