Shooting Beta Chrony

I have an f1 chrony, what's to figure out? Plug in battery, install metal rods and shoot through it.

OP
Brandon Pattison
It doesn't register a shot. Everything that I have read online says to turn it on and shoot. Nothing...

elkkilla1

FNG
Does it say error 1 or error 2 on the display? My chrony beta is very sensitive I have to shoot in the shade at exactly 5in above the windows. I set my 338 lapua 12 ft away and put a bore sight laser in the chamber the go to the chronograph and make sure my height is exactly 5in up and dead Center on both the front and back. Since doing this method I have registered 30 shots with no problems

muleman

WKR
If I recall it shows -8E-

A Beta Chrony will display BE with flashing symbols on each side; a Gamma Chrony will display GA with flashing symbols on each side. These flashing symbols indicate that the Chrony is working and is ready for use. Because of the limitations of the LCD, the BE symbol for the Beta Chrony can also be read as 8E. For Chronys that are set to read in MPS, it will display a dot between the two letters (e.g., G.A), with the same flashing symbols on each side; without the dot (e.g., GA), the unit read out is in FPS.

http://www.shootingchrony.com/manual_bg.htm

OP
Brandon Pattison
A Beta Chrony will display BE with flashing symbols on each side; a Gamma Chrony will display GA with flashing symbols on each side. These flashing symbols indicate that the Chrony is working and is ready for use. Because of the limitations of the LCD, the BE symbol for the Beta Chrony can also be read as 8E. For Chronys that are set to read in MPS, it will display a dot between the two letters (e.g., G.A), with the same flashing symbols on each side; without the dot (e.g., GA), the unit read out is in FPS.

http://www.shootingchrony.com/manual_bg.htm

Thanks. Maybe the lighting was poor.

Sent from my PRC-77 using Tapatalk

Whisky

WKR
I had one too. They are junk

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Steve

FNG
Make sure the lighting is good and it should work fine. When mine shows an error, I put a quartz light above it and it works perfectly after that.