shooting bear over elk carcass?

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
how many have done it? Its always everyones goal who has both tags and has success, just wondering how many have actually done it. That has to be a pretty cool feeling.

I’ve tried multiple times. My problem is the bear always seems to hit at night and then drag the carcass off. I too would like to hear successful strategies.

A friend used my carcass back in 2013 and was successful. They did hit primarily at night but he caught a couple coming back several days later when there was just scraps. He had 4 or 5 different bears hitting it over a weeks time frame. He used a tree stand and sat a bunch of hours. Shot his boar around 11 am. Hunted with another guy last year that used a carcass and killed a huge sow the following morning.

I used to bait bears in Michigan so when you have that big of a food source it makes sense they would come more at night.

Wolves and lions are cool too!

If killed in the open, a good tactic is to back off the carcass, and watch it from afar. Many times they're winding you and once they are on the carcass, you can stalk in an arrow them.

Back