Shipping or flying with antelope shoulder mount?

cfounta1

FNG
I have an antelope shoulder mount at the taxidermist in Great Falls, MT. I live in Tennessee. I am going to Great Falls for a wedding in August and can pick it up then. Does anyone have experience with shipping an antelope shoulder mount cost wise or has anyone tried to box up a shoulder mount and check on a plane?

DustyCogs

FNG
I'm flown up here with a couple mounts from the lower 48. Flying is cheaper if you can safely pack them.
I had a couple muleys that I had removable antlers on. I got a closet boxes from homedepot, put the mounts in with the antlers removed and then filled them with peanuts.

For the same amount as shipping these 3 guys my wife and I took a road trip to pick them up. The savings paid for gas and hotels for 4 nights and she got to see the Badlands. I always wonder what people thought of our carpool.

Attachments

• 20220822_092733.jpg
    20220822_092733.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 12
OP
C

cfounta1

FNG
Just got home after checking my antelope mount. Flew from Great Falls, MT to Memphis. Went to home depot and bought a plastic tote box $45 and bubble wrap. My mount made it home in excellent condition and was much cheaper than shipping.