Shipping a shoulder mounted antelope

cgasner1

WKR
Any suggestions on the best way to do this I need to get it from Montana to Oregon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a taxidermist in Glen Rock WY and they shipped the mount to me in MI. It arrived in a big cardboard box with the base of the mount screwed to the box with big washers on the outside of the box. It was then full of packing peanuts. Arrived in perfect shape. I've had ducks shipped the same way too. Thats the route I'd go.

One way is to build a box out of 3/8 inch plywood and secure a 1/2 piece of backing on the inside, so you can drill screws in the back of the shoulder mount, which holds the mount in place. Then pour styrofoam popcorn around the mount. Put the lid on, label it and ship it. Works great.

Erict

WKR
No suggestions, but given how long it takes to get mounted, I'm planning on picking up my 2021 MT mule deer mount from the MT taxidermist when I return this fall. I can only imagine it's going to be a cluster fitting it in my truck for the drive home, but better than the price for shipping.

mi650

WKR
I used a taxidermist in Glen Rock WY and they shipped the mount to me in MI. It arrived in a big cardboard box with the base of the mount screwed to the box with big washers on the outside of the box. It was then full of packing peanuts. Arrived in perfect shape. I've had ducks shipped the same way too. Thats the route I'd go.
This is how my pig was shipped to me, aside from shredded newspaper instead of the peanuts.

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
Figured I would use a crate from work and a bunch of my rough cut cedar for the shipping container kinda wonder who you guys have used I’ve heard it’s not bad to use fastenal they ship store to store I guess

Figured I would use a crate from work and a bunch of my rough cut cedar for the shipping container kinda wonder who you guys have used I’ve heard it’s not bad to use fastenal they ship store to store I guess

UPS or FedEx or US Postal Service. I've used all three of those to ship my trophies from time to time and haven't had any issues.