Sheridan WY Hunting Friends

schlumpyj

FNG
I've lived in Sheridan for about a year but haven't found much for hunting buddies. Looking to just meet like-minded outdoorsmen and talk about adventures over a beer. Maybe a future hunting partner if we are capable, but also just looking to meet new people.

About Me: I'm an avid elk hunter (archery and rifle) and enjoy doing just about anything outside (camping, fishing, mtn snowmobiling, running, etc). I'm in my mid-20's and in good shape.

f16jack

WKR
Do you have a RMEF chapter or SCI or other groups in Sheridan? Join one if those and meet all kinds of folks.

Mojave

WKR
I like to make fun of these "seeking heterosexual life mate" advertisements, but they make a lot of sense.

20 year old in good shape, you want to come pack my elk?

It is hard to find people you gel with.

I am in my 50s and I have kids from 7-23.

I have four hunting buddies we all live in different states. My wife hates it when I plan hunts with the other 50 year olds that have no kids, and no wives. Because they red pilled/blue pilled whatever it is called and live alone. Which is dumb, but she doesn't like the guy.

The people that have kids, have no money and can never afford to go on the kind of hunts I go on.

So what is a guy to do?

Reactions: LoH

Mojave

WKR
Good hunting partners are harder to find than a reliable taxidermist and barber
I have been bald for 27 years. I give myself or my kids give me a buzz cut once or twice a month.

Taxidermist, I am kind of scared on that one. I have not seen a single German taxidermist that I like the work of. I found 3 in Austria. One for mammals and 2 for everything. But the closest one is 7 hour drive on the Lichtenstein/Swiss/Austrian border and not anywhere near where I am hunting in 2024. The other closest one is near Innsbruck, but he is working in Texas this summer until September so I can't use him for my blackgrouse or roe deer. The other one is not good at birds and she is 80 miles from Hungary and Slovenia. I might use her on my Slovenia chamois hunt if I shoot a good one. She is almost 9 hours with a good autobahn and no traffic. I might use her on roe deer in Hungary if she answers her phone. I am on the fence about mounting summer roe deer. They can look sickly.

My old New Mexico taxidermist is Robert Major in Las Cruces. There are cheaper taxi's, maybe quicker, but I am impressed with his work.

I am a Wyoming native too, when I get done with this hitch in Germany I hope to move back to Wyoming. I have not lived there since I was 18.