Sheep Feet Orthotics alternatives?

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought some Papponoa II's, and the foot beed that comes with it sucks.

Looking for an alternative to $250+ Sheep Feet.

I don't know if superfeet are any good.

Sandbrew

FNG
Get the SheepFeet! I struggled with foot issues for years and tried store bough inserts, 7 or 8 different boot types, tape didn't work, braces didn't help, cortisone shots did. I love my SuperFeet and have 2 pairs.

Sandbrew

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of alternatives out there. Scholls, superfeet, etc.
Anything custom is usually expensive as you most likely know.
I've had plantar fasciitis off and on over the years and the only supports that truly worked for me were the "crush box" type like the sheepfeet. I recently got the sheepfeet just over a year ago and have nothing but good to say about them. Took care of my issues in about 2 weeks and have been pain free since.

Randy

LG1

FNG
About 15 years ago I was battling bad plantar fasciitis and tried a several of the drug store, shoe shop inserts. None worked. Got a pair of custom orthotics from the foot Dr, $350 at the time and that fixed me up. Over the past few years, I've gotten two sets of Sheeps Feet and they work as well as my Dr prescribed ones, which I still wear. Having multiple sets is nice, no switching around between shoes.

ZHY

FNG
I’ve found the KLM sport is good once you figure out which one you need.

pirogue

WKR
I’ve tried several after a couple bad cases of plantar fasciitis, also including those expensive ones. Now, I use SOLE in all my shoes and boots.

Never tried Sheepfeet but I’ve used custom orthotics in the past. Superfeet Trailblazers have been great for my flat low volume feet.

Samson7x

WKR
Sheep feet is 25% off currently

This. Bought some a while back on sale and they have been worth it for me. By the time you buy a few generic ones to try that may or may not work, your approaching custom price. Might as well go there from the start IMO.

dtrkyman

WKR
Powerstep are the best I have tried, have never had an orthotic though I don't have foot issues either.

I received it via email.

Promo code: 25OFF
Good thru 3/31
Thank you! I just placed my order.

Sorry to hijack the OP's thread. I've used Oboz and Superfeet and while they for sure helped, I had some crazy 17 mile days in Colorado two years back and would have paid any amount of money to relieve the pain in my feet.

Granted, packing in the mountains just sucks sometimes and Sheep Feet aren't a cure all. Still eager to see if they help on my Idaho bear hunt in May.

ndbuck09

WKR
Cadence insoles have been the best I've used. I've previously used superfeet and the lathrop sons insoles.

IDVortex

WKR
Sheepfeet have been great for me. It's nice they accept HSA's for payment.
I actually bought them this evening due to finding out my HRA/VEBA account covered them. I've been wanting to try custom inserts for years. So I'm really anxious about trying them.

CCooper

WKR
I actually bought them this evening due to finding out my HRA/VEBA account covered them. I've been wanting to try custom inserts for years. So I'm really anxious about trying them.
Give them a little time initially- they took some getting used to for me.