Sheep feet insoles

Freestone

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried sheep feet with or without the heel stabilizer? Just wanting some feedback on that aspect of them before ordering.

Just saw this question, few months late but maybe this will help someone else. I originally ordered them with a heel stabilizer like they suggested and they actually wrecked my feet. They put even more stress on the outside of my foot and caused a ton of discomfort in my ankles that lasted long after removing the insoles. Went a year without them and last year ordered some without the heel stabilizer. Well they showed up with the heel stabilizer so I took a heat gun and pulled them off both sets.

I put a ton of miles on each year and my opinion on the sheep feet is that they are not for everyone and I am one of those people. They hold moisture like no other orthotics I have ever owned. If you swamp a boot, they are the very last thing to dry. You can squeeze water out of them days later. If your feet sweat, they will capture that moisture as well. I run a liner sock and a darn tough sock over and with the sheep feet, I continually would get hot spots on the balls of my feet when descending. If I put any other insole in (even factory) the same boot, No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
Yea, they didn’t do any thing for me either. I noticed no difference between them cheap dr. Shoals. Actually the dr shoals have held up far better.

This review is late but hopefully helps someone. Bit the bullet and bought a pair with my HSA. I have high arches so i need support so i figured it would be beneficial. The Right insole the arch is too far back and causes my foot to hurt pretty badly. Tried to get abold of them twice on their website and on Facebook and they saw my message and they won't respond. Going back to Super Feet i guess.

This review is late but hopefully helps someone. Bit the bullet and bought a pair with my HSA. I have high arches so i need support so i figured it would be beneficial. The Right insole the arch is too far back and causes my foot to hurt pretty badly. Tried to get abold of them twice on their website and on Facebook and they saw my message and they won't respond. Going back to Super Feet i guess.
This is pretty typical with all custom orthotics. You need to allow your feet time to get used to them. Start with wearing them for about an hour or two per day, when your feet start to hurt take them out. Your feet will get used to the new support.
Look up info on custom orthotics and you will see that this is the case and what is recommended. I have customer orthotics made. Y my podiatrist and the first thing they said is these will take time to get used to.

This is pretty typical with all custom orthotics. You need to allow your feet time to get used to them. Start with wearing them for about an hour or two per day, when your feet start to hurt take them out. Your feet will get used to the new support.
Look up info on custom orthotics and you will see that this is the case and what is recommended. I have customer orthotics made. Y my podiatrist and the first thing they said is these will take time to get used to.
Okay unfortunately I head out to CO in 3 days and won't be taking them along Would've been nice to hear this type of response from the company when i reached out a few weeks ago. Looks like Google reviews have quite a few customer service complaints also. Thanks for the information.

fishslap

WKR
Okay unfortunately I head out to CO in 3 days and won't be taking them along Would've been nice to hear this type of response from the company when i reached out a few weeks ago. Looks like Google reviews have quite a few customer service complaints also. Thanks for the information.

A few weeks ago might not be enough time to get your feet used to them any way. I don’t take anything new on a trip that I haven’t tested out/worn in quite a bit. I like to put some training miles on my new sheep feet before a trip.

I've had great results from them in the past but in my last order of a set for my running shoes, the arch was too low and did not look to be in the right spot since I could compare to older sets. I sent them an email (maybe from their web form?) and they replied immediately and did determine that they were incorrect. I received a new pair a few weeks later. They moved to a new 3D scan process and 3D printing so it might just be working out the kinks of a new process, but I’m also concerned if the quality/reliability will match the past.

A few weeks ago might not be enough time to get your feet used to them any way. I don’t take anything new on a trip that I haven’t tested out/worn in quite a bit. I like to put some training miles on my new sheep feet before a trip.

I've had great results from them in the past but in my last order of a set for my running shoes, the arch was too low and did not look to be in the right spot since I could compare to older sets. I sent them an email (maybe from their web form?) and they replied immediately and did determine that they were incorrect. I received a new pair a few weeks later. They moved to a new 3D scan process and 3D printing so it might just be working out the kinks of a new process, but I’m also concerned if the quality/reliability will match

This is true however a few weeks is enough for a response. I run 15-20 miles a week and could have probably made it work. I'll probably try them again when i get back and see if they break in at all. Thanks