Sharpening broad heads

SDHunter44

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone use the precision adjust work sharp sharpener pictured below for broad heads? I saw a video today of a company that makes a small handheld jig for broad heads that looked slick but thought it would be nice to have an adjustable unit to be able to do knives too. I figured someone on here has to tried it.
738907748b28c0b259f212314f20d626.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion

WKR
I haven’t used that jig but have used similar for knives and they are great.

I bought one of the handheld jigs for use with a stone, hope to try it this week.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone use the precision adjust work sharp sharpener pictured below for broad heads? I saw a video today of a company that makes a small handheld jig for broad heads that looked slick but thought it would be nice to have an adjustable unit to be able to do knives too. I figured someone on here has to tried it. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210803/738907748b28c0b259f212314f20d626.jpg

Best, easiest, cheapest.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Some people’s idiocy knows no bounds. That said you would have to try very hard to screw this up. I only have the replacement blade model and it has worked beautifully on slick tricks, rage and wac ems. I mainly use automotive sand paper but have also used a stone and a strop. Blades end up sharper than new. Your friend would have to be pretty inept to fail with this.

Zac

WKR
Wicked Edge would be way better. It is superior to sharpen in a longitudinal line rather than horizontally. Also for single bevels with a taper like the Maasai, or Kudu, you could follow the contour of the blade perfectly. Also you could have one precise stroke rather than chinking your way along with multiple vertical strokes.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Just a suggestion, regular stones work on everything. I use trad heads so file first them, than hit with ceramic or diamond stone. Knives straight diamond stones. Both are stropped after. Chain saws I do by hand as well, pretty much anything.
Not trying to discourage you I just hate to see all the old ways forgotten.
If that’s something you’d like to know/understand I’d be glad to help you. If not hope it works for you

I have the KME Broadhead sharpener and a leather strop. Works like a dream.

Used the stones to sharpen my every day Jack knife. Sharpest the knife has ever been. Great product.

Rob5589

WKR
Wicked Edge would be way better. It is superior to sharpen in a longitudinal line rather than horizontally. Also for single bevels with a taper like the Maasai, or Kudu, you could follow the contour of the blade perfectly. Also you could have one precise stroke rather than chinking your way along with multiple vertical strokes.
For a grand +, it better do the sharpening itself :LOL: