Shape charge (on duplex frame) vs Styker XL vs 22 Mag for hauling tree stand

GR1NCH11

FNG
Looking to hear opinions on what everybody's experience is with hauling a hang on stand (I have a lone wolf alpha) with a shape charge (adapted to a frame), stryker XL, or 22 mag. I'm looking for the easiest pack/unpack setup and also don't want the stand sticking way above my head. I have seen photos of the alpha carried in a stryker xl, and it looks like it sits really high.

I do already have a Duplex Lite frame for a hoodlum, so the extra cost of buying frame & shapecharge isn't a factor.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Stryker or hellbender will be by far easier to to the shelf (assuming that's where you're planning on putting the stand) than the 22 mag.

I tend to agree a Stryker xl or hellbender would be easiest to access load shelf. If I were using a shape charge I would put a grab it on the frame and then attach pack over the load to stabilize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GR1NCH11

GR1NCH11

FNG
I tend to agree a Stryker xl or hellbender would be easiest to access load shelf. If I were using a shape charge I would put a grab it on the frame and then attach pack over the load to stabilize it.

For the shapecharge I didnt think of adding a grab it. I just planned to use buckle straps run through the stand to the shape charge and compress it via the pack. I'll have to look into that.
I do agree and like the stryker/hellbender attachment system, but my biggest concern is how high a tree stand would sit on the load shelf. I stay mobile and can end up moving through some tight spots and having the stand way above my head would suck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-154926_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-154926_Instagram.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 73

tracker12

WKR
Go frameless and strap it lower. Would also consider a smaller stand. Seat sticks out to far on the alpha

For the shapecharge I didnt think of adding a grab it. I just planned to use buckle straps run through the stand to the shape charge and compress it via the pack. I'll have to look into that.
I do agree and like the stryker/hellbender attachment system, but my biggest concern is how high a tree stand would sit on the load shelf. I stay mobile and can end up moving through some tight spots and having the stand way above my head would suck.

With the grab it you could mount in in the lower position and it would probably lower the stand a good 10-12”. The Stryker load shelf appears to be where you could Mount a grab it in the upper position. I just put the grab it in the lower position and stuffed a blanket in it since I don’t have a tree stand handy. Then I just laid the shapecharge on top for reference. This is a 24” frame.
de66f03ec68d3412e5c37fd2c1f4809f.jpg

2aae51f3469734458d6c02b29bf2f8d9.jpg

70e1d1f16b8a5b0c59aa399a51eb2799.jpg

Last edited:

Qball89

FNG
I’ve seen pics of people attaching their shape charge on a duplex frame and carrying their stand and sticks between the two. Then when they get to their tree, unclip the pack from the stand and leave the frame at the bottom of the tree for their hunt. I’d been planning on going this route. It would be nice to have the option of using a frame and not for hiking, etc. especially since you already have a frame. I just haven’t been able to drop the money for a duplex light yet.

OP
GR1NCH11

GR1NCH11

FNG
For anybody interested I did end up getting a shape charge. I just haven't had time to mess around with the setup much yet. I will post a follow up once I figure out the best setup.

three5x5s

WKR
This looks pretty awesome for tree stand hauling/haunting. You can read about here

1662638585249.png

OP
GR1NCH11

GR1NCH11

FNG
Here is the setup with the shapecharge. I used a guide lid kit to connect the bag to the frame. The straps are ran through the stand to compress it between the frame and the bag. Weight is approx 35 lb.

Attachments

• Resized_20220924_144304.jpeg
    Resized_20220924_144304.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 54