SH Whipper Snapper accuracy

WYndy1

FNG
Been shooting a HS Tempest (4 finger) for the last several years and recetly decided to try a SH Whipper Snapper. Today at the range I noticed the SH WS consistntly shooting right. I I'd quite a bit of comparison between the two shooting at 20 & 30 yds and about 30 arrows each with the SH WS consistntly 6"+ right. Not sure if anyone else as experienced this and what the issue may be.

Every release (from my experience) will slightly alter the point of impact. I shot a stan thumb and then switched to the stan hing, same handle profile but it shot to the right. I've switched between wrist strap models too and have had things change. Sometimes it's how the release fires, sometimes anchor, sometimes both.

I changed from a scott itt bitty goos to a scot silverhorn and had a change of impact.

The point really is, with each release is the arrow still coming out of the bow tuned? Or with the release and the possible anchor point change did it change the tune.

This is just my experience though.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
First check your tune. It’s gonna be off. Fix that then re sight in.

CowboyD

FNG
If the length of the release is different than the one you currently have, it may be affecting your anchor point and causing the change in POI.

Most releases change where the loop is in relation to your finger beds, shorter, longer, further off the face, further in.

I'm guessing it holds the loop a little further out than your other release. Or, the way you are holding it changing face pressure on the string.

nphunter

WKR
I agree with BG, face pressure, and loop location both change POI. I don’t notice much difference from release to release going button to button but shoot slightly different with a hinge. If the heads longer an increase in your draw length between your hands could cause you to torque differently.
To me shooting more right is good and moves the pins more in line with the string. Most right hand shooters shoot left naturally, face pressure and the loop farther from your face both would typically cause a left miss. So in my mind I feel like your probably shooting with better alignment or less pressure with the SG.

nubraskan

FNG
#1 Face pressure and #2 the angle of how you're holding the release matters a lot for POI. I was trying to figure out the same problem when switching releases, so I experimented a lot and found that those two factors seem to matter the most. The 3rd factor is the release design, as the different style of release hooks may slightly alter the way it leaves the release, especially depending on how you're holding it.