SG's new military pack line:

Looks like a pretty sweet pack system, and assume it will be popular in the hunting space too. I like the bag setups

I really like stretch pockets.. beyond that I don't think id benefit form the other features on a hunting pack.

prm

WKR
When considering a new pack, the R3 is the SG I considered due to what appears to be a simpler system of accessing load shelf. It at least uses buckles when switching straps between frame, load lifters and bag.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
Oh man…I love my kifaru pack but this looks a sweet and I want one…maybe momma won’t notice if a new pack shows up

ljalberta

WKR
I’m always impressed with the designs of Kurt and the team when it comes to packs.

Citizen

FNG
I have asked a company about not using stretch and they said it wasn’t very durable.

I’m surprised these bags don’t have PALs on the bottom for at least a little bit of additional gear/pocket option.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
they did mention there are pals webbing on the inside of the bag. I guess they want the outside slick.

Bilateral stretchy pockets on the sky 5900 is the ideal bag for me
Those side pockets are a pretty clever option too, same concept as batwing style pockets. Good for strapping extra clothes or rain gear to your pack in addition to the storage and organization of the pockets

Blackcow

WKR
I cut my ladder locks off the bag and frame as soon as I got my xcurve/5900 in 2017. I put auto lock females on the webbing loops and standard male sr on the load lifter straps and frame to bag strap( that you use when you use the meat shelf)BE96C685-2370-4939-97E4-66D52C236318.jpeg
Easy peasy. I left the ladder locks on the bottom of the bag.

sr80

WKR
It looks like they got rid of the spacer mesh on the hip belt.
the belts and shoulder straps on the terminus had this newer material and i believe all their newest belts and straps are updated with the newer material ( xcurve and krux) they said they dont notice a difference in comfort but i feel like its softer and less abrasive on the hips.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I have a new krux with the closed mesh, just like the terminus, so they must be doing it across all of the lines. It’s nice not having a ton of crap getting stuck in it.