SG De Havilland lite or 206 pant

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with these two pants in warm/hot weather? Torn between the two and looking for insight on how they perform in warm weather as well as how late in the season have you run the De Havilland lites.

Thanka

Haven't used the 206 pant but the DH lites are a great pant more versatile. With the large size zips you can really vent them. I also like having 2 cargo pockets on the lites.

The 206 pant is far better for warm weather. While I like the DH lites, the 206 is better for when it’s hot out. Kind of like Prana’s but with some sweet inner crotch vents.

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
I have both but have only worn them for around the house and out and about type excursions. I will be testing them out next week on a hunt though. First impressions so far: I do like how light they feel and very stretchy. They did "pop" when I first tried them on and stretched in them which freaked me out cause I thought I just ripped them but apparently it was just the fabric opening up I guess. I am curious how the different vent locations will affect heat dump and also how the fabric will hold up against thorns and rocks, which wore down my clothes the last couple trips to the area I am hunting.

OP
Hofhunter

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
The 206 pant is far better for warm weather. While I like the DH lites, the 206 is better for when it’s hot out. Kind of like Prana’s but with some sweet inner crotch vents.
What temperature range do you run each pant?

OP
Hofhunter

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have both but have only worn them for around the house and out and about type excursions. I will be testing them out next week on a hunt though. First impressions so far: I do like how light they feel and very stretchy. They did "pop" when I first tried them on and stretched in them which freaked me out cause I thought I just ripped them but apparently it was just the fabric opening up I guess. I am curious how the different vent locations will affect heat dump and also how the fabric will hold up against thorns and rocks, which wore down my clothes the last couple trips to the area I am hunting.
Have to let me know what you think

What temperature range do you run each pant?
Anything above 60 degrees and I’m wearing the 206’s. I run very warm though and always carry a pair of zip off long John’s. I wear the DH lites for anything else

I think warm is relative to each person. I live in Southern NM and I've worn the DH Lite the past couple of years for almost all my hunts (August archery antelope to a New Year's Eve Barbary Sheep hunt). I think they are a little thick/warm for most early season conditions, but they're my only pair of pants that have integrated knee pad compartments and that in my opinion is worth the fabric penalty. I also think that SG has the best integrated waist belt system out there right now. This all being said, after 2+ years of using them, my only pair has a few spots where the stitching is coming out. Hoping to get at least this year with them, but we'll have to see.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I wore the DH Lites all last fall and into early winter. Hottest temps I wore them in was in 80s and lowest was below freezing. Once it started snowing, I switched to a heavier weight pant. They were warm in the 80s, but those huge leg zips were awesome. I’ll probably stick with something else early fall this year and switch to the DH Lites once it cools down a little.

Last edited:

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
Have to let me know what you think
I ended up only using the DH lite over the weekend as I was enjoying them so much I didn't see a need to switch, also the terrain I was in was lots of black rock and red dirt which went with the DHlite colors a lot more than the 206. They handled everything I was curious about with ease. I walked through thorny brush and there wasn't any sign of wearing down on the material. It rained hard the last two days and the pants let water through after awhile which is sort of expected. The big side zips dump a lot heat quickly. All the blood we got on the pants washed out with out a problem. Only issue is that is still makes these noises that sound like I am ripping the seams or threads but I don't see anything wrong under inspection. Really impressed and these will be my go to's pants now. I will make it a point to try out the 206s in the next hunt which should happen in the next few weeks.

OP
Hofhunter

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up only using the DH lite over the weekend as I was enjoying them so much I didn't see a need to switch, also the terrain I was in was lots of black rock and red dirt which went with the DHlite colors a lot more than the 206. They handled everything I was curious about with ease. I walked through thorny brush and there wasn't any sign of wearing down on the material. It rained hard the last two days and the pants let water through after awhile which is sort of expected. The big side zips dump a lot heat quickly. All the blood we got on the pants washed out with out a problem. Only issue is that is still makes these noises that sound like I am ripping the seams or threads but I don't see anything wrong under inspection. Really impressed and these will be my go to's pants now. I will make it a point to try out the 206s in the next hunt which should happen in the next few weeks.
Appreciate your insight. I did end up ordering the lites. And sounds like I can’t go wrong with them.