SG 6900

sivart

WKR
I have one ordered. For those how have used this bag, how does it compress compared to the 5900? I really wanted the 5900 size, but I really prefer zippered side pockets. I plan on ditching the lid for day hunts. Just hope it isn't too big to manage for day hunting.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The 5900 and 6900 are probably the most popular that we sell in the shop! They compress basically identically as they both have 3 side and two bottom compression straps. If they are empty they will both 'flatten out' when fully compressed

Legend

WKR
I have one ordered. For those how have used this bag, how does it compress compared to the 5900? I really wanted the 5900 size, but I really prefer zippered side pockets. I plan on ditching the lid for day hunts. Just hope it isn't too big to manage for day hunting.
You won't notice the extra size and you will be glad you have it. I run the 6900 on day trips to 14 day trips.

nobody

WKR
Man I must be in the minority here, but I almost feel the 5900 is too big a lot of the time. I can’t imagine going any bigger unless it was for a specific hunt (Alaska sheep or something), but for normal 3-5 day hunts in the lower 48 I almost feel like my 5900 is too much. Yea it compresses down flat-ish, but it’s still more than I need and on day rips I really feel like stuff gets lost in the creases and folds inside the bag. But hey, that’s why there’s options!

But I know I would’ve definitely regretted getting the 6900 and not something smaller. Just mess with it when it shows up, and if you decide it’s too much then send it back in their return window and exchange it!

IDVortex

WKR
Man I must be in the minority here, but I almost feel the 5900 is too big a lot of the time. I can’t imagine going any bigger unless it was for a specific hunt (Alaska sheep or something), but for normal 3-5 day hunts in the lower 48 I almost feel like my 5900 is too much. Yea it compresses down flat-ish, but it’s still more than I need and on day rips I really feel like stuff gets lost in the creases and folds inside the bag. But hey, that’s why there’s options!

But I know I would’ve definitely regretted getting the 6900 and not something smaller. Just mess with it when it shows up, and if you decide it’s too much then send it back in their return window and exchange it!
The 5000-6000CI packs are designed in my unprofessional opinion to be about a 4-7 day pack. I've done week long backpacking trips in a 4000ci pack. And when I finally get a new one, ill be going with a bigger pack only for the fact of the goal is to do 10 day hunts with it.