SG 2022 new tent

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
You also haven't used a skyscraper 2p so it pure hearsay that you think they never fail?
Yes, it is pure word of mouth.
Do you know the person who it failed on personally? How did it fail?
Can you please provide the information you read it/heard it from so we can all hear about it?
Can you elaborate on these "couple reports"

I don't own a single piece from the stone glacier catalog, but I'm not going to sit here and let some guy just throw out loose statements without backing it.

This isn't a measuring contest.

Yes, it is pure word of mouth.
Do you know the person who it failed on personally? How did it fail?
Can you please provide the information you read it/heard it from so we can all hear about it?
Can you elaborate on these "couple reports"

I don't own a single piece from the stone glacier catalog, but I'm not going to sit here and let some guy just throw out loose statements without backing it.

This isn't a measuring contest.
I'll see if I can find it.
But just curious why would you defend something you supposedly don't have any claim to? How does it effect you if someone has a counter argument?

How is it better to hype something up you only have word of mouth on?
What if someone trusted your "review " and had catastrophic failur

Last edited:
I believe I seen another poor result on hear but im not gonna spend anymore time proving my opinion to you. Do your own research and do what you want.

Guess what there pants fit me like shit to. And Kifaru wasn't the best for me. Omfg 🤯

Not every leg humper product is the best for everyone.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
thanks for the podcast, ill take a listen to it! sorry if I came across as a a-hole. I just don't want any misinformation spread, i hope you can understand.

I am pretty passionate about this topic because I've been on this darn quest for 5-6 years now trying to find
the "best" tent for my use and it has been a quest to say the least.

Ive gone through the old kuiu moutain star 1p (condensation trap), mountain star 2p, SO Eolus DCF, SO Cimm DCF, Big Agnes Tigerwall UL 1P, and a couple more.

The best design I have used so far is the KUIU mountain star 2p, and this is purely personal preference. The SO tents are bomber, I have had them in 50mph gusts before; floorless is just not for me.

Might want to give the KUIU Kutana pants a go, they are awesome and i have had them for 3 season strong so far.

Cheers

Last edited:

slowelk

WKR
Personally, I’m looking forward to that argali 2-man tipi tent with the liner option.

TXCO

WKR
Another picture.

ad6ea3aa3600ebf63e085520a279d026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have been looking at the Durston X-Mid Pro 1 DCF for awhile..
but this SG 1P has me a bit excited.

No one’s seen the X-Mid Pro 1 yet, only been discussed about, as it won’t be released for another year. The Pro 2 does look promising. Hopefully there will be some reviews soon from actual users that managed to get one.
Honestly the Poly X-Mid’s look really good, despite not being DCF. I’m going to try and snag a 1p on the 16th with the solid inner.

feanor

WKR
One of my dislikes of a tent with the vestibule and opening at the foot, is you have to crawl over your gear to get out. If it’s raining, you don’t have much room to maneuver either. On a side opening, generally there is more room to get around stuff in the vestibule. I stopped using an old BA foot entrance tent because I just got fed up with that part of it.

TXCO

WKR
I listened to the podcast and they said it was 80 mph winds, they were camped in an exposed saddle and it was also blowing their backpacks off the mountain. They said the tent is great and Blamed it on a bad location and extreme conditions And stone glacier or give them a new one for 75% off. It doesn’t sound like any tent would have survived very well.

sneaky

"DADDY"
agreed on the weight, likely around the 3lb mark and 475 price area is my guess.
considering the skyscraper 2p is 595.

for a "4 season tent" and that weight, cant really go wrong.
Tarptent Scarp 1 hits all those marks and has dual side entrance doors.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would have to argue, If that is infact true.. likely due to poor choice of location for setting up a shelter, etc. Which most tents in this weight category can most definitely fail with neglect.
There's not a bombproof tent on the market from any manufacturer. SG makes a good living off of people falling for the marketing.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
There's not a bombproof tent on the market from any manufacturer. SG makes a good living off of people falling for the marketing.
I agree, some more durable and tested than others.

Shelter placement is important as you know, otherwise you bare the consequences.

TonyG

FNG
Would be interested, however, it is tough to justify moving on from a 2lb tent jumping up into the 3’s I would be guessing. Unless SG surprises most people on this chain and comes in below 3lbs

OP
G

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know if this will be released this year? Seems like it’s getting late to release a tent for fall.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Maybe they'll call it the StoneFly because it looks like their version of a BA Flycreek

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk