Selling on gunbroker

def90

WKR
Sell to any one you want. Buyer sends you money, you ship to their FFL, if there is a problem on their end that becomes their problem.

Jon_G

WKR
Another option is guns.com if your aim is to get rid of it fast without the hassle. I sold on there and I only lost about $150 from what I originally paid for on a 6 year old gun. The process was quick and smooth and in less than 10 days I had my check deposited directly if I remember correctly. Just take clear pictures and you won't have any issues.

I have sold guns to CA and AK on Gunbroker. Never had an issue. The AK buyer was especially appreciative because so many sellers won’t sell outside the lower 48.

I get not selling certain items to “ban” states however, the self imposed restriction of not selling anything to a ban state is ignorant. It’s a personal choice, but still largely rooted in ignorance.

I live in a “ban” state. I don’t expect out of staters to know the laws in my state, however, it is frustrating to lose out on buying opportunities. Most recently, a nicely priced .32 HR Ruger Single-six was out of my grasp because the seller wouldn’t sell to CT residents. As def90 pointed out, the gun goes to an FFL just the same as another state.

The sales tax thing is the most annoying aspect to Gunbroker. It appears the vast majority of online transactions are all charging tax now, though.

nrh6.7

WKR
@Bottom Rung

What happens if (say in CA) if a gun gets shipped to a FFL but it's a gun not allowed in that state. What happens to the gun then, and does it affect the seller in any way?

Mikido

WKR
The FFL of the buyer won’t complete
The transfer and send it back to the seller.

nrh6.7

WKR
I guess it's safe to say the seller then has to return the buyer's money. If that is the case, I could see why a seller would restrict certain states they are willing to sell to.

pirogue

WKR
Rather easy, and should be common sense, for a seller to know if his gun can’t be sold in a certain state.

nrh6.7

WKR
Rather easy, and should be common sense, for a seller to know if his gun can’t be sold in a certain state.
Well, I'm a buyer not a seller, but if I were I doubt I'd spend the time to sort through every states' requirements.
As a dealer yes, but for an individual selling a gun or two, nope.