SELLERS BEWARE! Selling Firearms using PayPal.

OP
streetdoctor
Well it seems pretty obvious the answer is the selling cost. That way both buyer and seller are made whole. And the shipper will ask for a receipt and you can use the PayPal transaction as a receipt.
Pretty obvious to you maybe... There are a plethora of situations where MSRP or more could be assumed, or none at all.

I guess I believe in personal responsibility and not implying or assuming ANYTHING that isn't explicitly stated in any business transaction. In the future I will not sell an item online through any payment service without insuring it for a value that makes ME comfortable. Regardless of what the buyer requests.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I know rokslide hates to add rules and policies but I’ve always thought some simple guidelines would improve the classifieds. Of course rokslide can’t force someone to pay or refund, but it would clear up a lot of these types of deals.

Ucsdryder

WKR
It's not mine until it's delivered. The seller insures it in case it's lost. IMO.
Always how I’ve operated. I don’t know how you packed it, how well your writing was, what you actually put in there, etc until it arrives on my doorstep.

OP
streetdoctor
Always how I’ve operated. I don’t know how you packed it, how well your writing was, what you actually put in there, etc until it arrives on my doorstep.
Different story if someone is committing fraud. How well your writing is hasn't matter in 10-15 years? Anything you ship is verified in their computer which you agree to on the screen when you pay for shipping.

Ucsdryder

WKR
USPS you still hand write the address.
Yep, I think they scan it into the computer but it’s not printed. I bought some reloading dies that were lost and the seller said “damnit, my handwriting is so bad this stuff always happens!” He refunded my money. 😂

OP
streetdoctor
Shipping label doesn’t show address. Only the written address the seller puts on there shows the address which can cause issues.
You're about as argumentative as they come huh. What information do you think that barcode has in it? And if you call usps and give them a tracking number and they pull up the address it was delivered to or is enroute to? How does that happen? Or if it's verified to be delivered to the correct address by PayPal?

So if he doesn't request insurance, you assume he wants it insured? For how much? Sale price? MSRP? Cost to replace? 50%?
Blows my mind that people think the insurance is for the buyer.... It is for the seller. The buyer paid for an item, the seller has to DELIVER the item. However he does it, that is on the seller. You should insure it for how much are are not willing to be out... 100% the seller's responsibility to insure an item if they don't want to risk this very situation..