Seekins PH2 and Nightforce NX8 ring height

Matt5266

WKR
I have a PH2 in 6.5 Creed on order. I'm in the process of ordering the NX8 4-32x50. Will the NF ultralight rings in low work or should I get mediums? I'm trying to avoid sending a set back to NF if possible. Hoping someone who has this setup will chime in and save me some hassle. Thanks gents.

I have a PH2 in 7 PRC and the same NX8 4-32 - I have them in mediums and there’s decent clearance - I have the trijicon tenmile in lows on my element.

I didn’t try the NX8 in lows - it would be tight but miiiight work depending on your rail size.

Edit: not an amazing pic, but gives you an idea in mediums… the rail will be your deciding factor. Angle isn’t amazing, but there is a little clearance - but for my eye relief, there wouldn’t be with lows I don’t think - but this is a LA.

JrXhCpNh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
I have a PH2 in 7 PRC and the same NX8 4-32 - I have them in mediums and there’s decent clearance - I have the trijicon tenmile in lows on my element.

I didn’t try the NX8 in lows - it would be tight but miiiight work depending on your rail size.

Edit: not an amazing pic, but gives you an idea in mediums… the rail will be your deciding factor. Angle isn’t amazing, but there is a little clearance - but for my eye relief, there wouldn’t be with lows I don’t think - but this is a LA.

JrXhCpNh.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the response! I was leaning towards the mediums with the expectation that the low would probably be too low.

sveltri

WKR

JrXhCpNh.jpg

Any idea what this setup weighs? I'm considering the same optic for my ph2 6.5 PRC.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider

JrXhCpNh.jpg

How is the fitment for the Element and the Tenmile with the low rings? I have a tenmile with Talley low rings and im picking up my element on sunday, just wanna make sure the scope isnt going to be hitting anything

Any idea what this setup weighs? I'm considering the same optic for my ph2 6.5 PRC.
Fully set up bipod, sling, can, ammo etc. was right around 11.5-12ish... I don't have it on hand - having a 22" proof barrel installed.

I'll grab weights once it's done, but just rifle and scope was around 9ish if memory serves.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

How is the fitment for the Element and the Tenmile with the low rings? I have a tenmile with Talley low rings and im picking up my element on sunday, just wanna make sure the scope isnt going to be hitting anything
Nightforce lows have plenty of clearance - I don't think you will have any issues.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback
One caveat - the power ring won't clear the rail with lows, but will with mediums. I'm able to have my tenmile with a little clearance for my eye relief - but you will be limited in how far forward you can put the scope with lows. I don't think it will be a problem, but it's worth noting.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
One caveat - the power ring won't clear the rail with lows, but will with mediums. I'm able to have my tenmile with a little clearance for my eye relief - but you will be limited in how far forward you can put the scope with lows. I don't think it will be a problem, but it's worth noting.

Good to know, I think the talley lows are .005" taller so not much of a difference but as long as I can comfortably get behind the scope it shouldnt be an issue. Does the eye relief youre at cause any problems? Appreciate all the feedback!

Good to know, I think the talley lows are .005" taller so not much of a difference but as long as I can comfortably get behind the scope it shouldnt be an issue. Does the eye relief youre at cause any problems? Appreciate all the feedback!
Nope, I'm a smaller guy so I get closer then most I would think... it's close, but not been an issue for me - that's with a t-shirt, so worst case scenario. The other random thing is your bolt will make contact and "open" your scope cover with lows but will clear with mediums.

0fYRvhwh.jpg

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Nope, I'm a smaller guy so I get closer then most I would think... it's close, but not been an issue for me - that's with a t-shirt, so worst case scenario. The other random thing is your bolt will make contact and "open" your scope cover with lows but will clear with mediums.

0fYRvhwh.jpg
Thanks for the heads up! Other than that you like the setup?

Thanks for the heads up! Other than that you like the setup?
Very much! Just was shooting at 1k over the weekend with it and it's great! I shot an antelope at a little over 700 yards last year with the tenmile that's on my Christensen.

Tenmile is a great scope and the element is a great rifle! You will be happy!