Seekins Havak Slam

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Has anyone heard if Seekins will sell just the chassis?
Apparently they are going to have some version of the chassis available at some point. I’m selling my element because I can’t get any different stocks for it.

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
What's the verdict here? Has anyone received one by now and have any thoughts on the shootability and quality of the platform?

Not that it always matters for accuracy. But proof are cut rifles and seekins are button rifled. I have 2 seekins rifles and 4 proof barreled rifles. They all shoot fine.

A while back i heard seekins was using primarily rock creek button blanks. I think I'd take a proof sporter profile steel blank over a rock creek button if choosing, not sure about a proof carbon though.. All in all, lots of good shooters from all of em out there.

Cfujan

FNG
What's the verdict here? Has anyone received one by now and have any thoughts on the shootability and quality of the platform?
getting a new slam 6.5 prc set up as we speak. The attention to detail on this rifle is flawless, and quality is as advertised with seekins. Sold my element in the same caliber to upgrade to this. Was extremely impressed with that element and it was a tough decision to move on from it. I haven’t shot down range with the slam yet (mounted scope late last week) but I have no reason to believe it won’t perform just as well as the element given most of the components are the same outside of the stock/chassis. Slam obviously gives you an adjustable cheek piece. Pretty sure the slam has a better trigger as well. It is a touch lighter than my old element. I’ll reply here if for some reason it is not holding up to the seekins standard, but I’d be shocked if that was the case. Pm me if you have any specific questions.

getting a new slam 6.5 prc set up as we speak. The attention to detail on this rifle is flawless, and quality is as advertised with seekins. Sold my element in the same caliber to upgrade to this. Was extremely impressed with that element and it was a tough decision to move on from it. I haven’t shot down range with the slam yet (mounted scope late last week) but I have no reason to believe it won’t perform just as well as the element given most of the components are the same outside of the stock/chassis. Slam obviously gives you an adjustable cheek piece. Pretty sure the slam has a better trigger as well. It is a touch lighter than my old element. I’ll reply here if for some reason it is not holding up to the seekins standard, but I’d be shocked if that was the case. Pm me if you have any specific questions.

Listed as having a TT diamond. Not sure what they put in the element these days but it was a Timney "Elite Hunter" at one point. Lighter pull is one thing but I'd caution that Diamonds at least set on light weight seem to fail more often than others.

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_1724.jpeg

I couldn't resist when I saw this thing at the local gun store. It's truely a work of art. The fit and finish and quality of workmanship and detail on this thing is pretty mind blowing. Chambered in a 6.5 PRC w/ a Scythe-Ti threaded on for context on the weight (21" barrel).

Cfujan

FNG
That is pretty tempting. Looks like it'll be a perfect packing rifle.

Can confirm. Have no regrets. 6.5 prc. tbac ultra 5 gen 2, mtn gear mountain bipod. Night force Nxs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cfujan

FNG
That is pretty tempting. Looks like it'll be a perfect packing rifle.

1cbe7506c7a5f179fe03fa9d5344c411.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbuck

Lil-Rokslider
What speeds are you getting out of the 21" barrel? Factory or handloads?

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
Couldn't agree more. I'll provide a picture and weight once I get it fully kitted out but should be just over 8 pounds per below set up (w/out Bipod). I wish they offered it in a 6mm Creed but we'll give the PRC a whirl. Spoke to Seekins who quoted a very reasonable price to convert to 6mm Creed down the road assuming I'm not a fan of the 6.5 PRC after some time with it. I realize you can build a similarily spec'd set-up for cheaper via the custom route but I think you are getting a superior product with the Slam Chassis over the XLR Mag 4.0 and MDT HNT 26. I don't think it's even close of a comparison to be honest. I will shot it this weekend and provide velocity but sounds like ~2,800 with factory Hornady 147 ELDM is quite realistic post the barrel speeding up abit. I'm expecting ~2,750 for the first 50 plus rounds.
  • Havak Slam 6.5PRC
  • Scythe-Ti w/ FHF Cover
  • NX8 2.5 - 20
  • Seekins Medium Rings
  • MDT 3 Slot PIK
  • Seekins Arca Plate (this isn't in the discreption but comes included with the gun as you can see in our pictures; they actually position sideways as to not protrude outside of the profile of the gun which I thought was interesting
Not included in the weight above but I also picked up an MDT M-Lok wieght to potentially throw on for range practice days just to keep things a hair mellower.