Seekins havak ph2

amassi

WKR
I have an opportunity at a good- great deal on a ph2 in 7 rem mag. Shot it yesterday and it's g2g, I did not like the stock- action appears to be a 700 clone, has anyone put a havak in a different rem stock? Preferably a bdl bottom metal with wyatts box.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ddd122

FNG
The only company that I know that inlets for seekins havak is manners but not sure what they offer for different bottom metal inletting for it.

slowelk

WKR
I actually just put my ph2 in a manners eh1. I went with a Hawkins m5 inlet, opted for the dbm (cip), but no reason you can’t go with a bdl/Wyatt’s box off an an m5 inlet.

OP
amassi

amassi

WKR
I actually just put my ph2 in a manners eh1. I went with a Hawkins m5 inlet, opted for the dbm (cip), but no reason you can’t go with a bdl/Wyatt’s box off an an m5 inlet.
Inletted for the ph2 or rem700 clone?

OP
amassi

amassi

WKR
The only company that I know that inlets for seekins havak is manners but not sure what they offer for different bottom metal inletting for it.
Bummer I was really shooting for a clymr

slowelk

WKR
Inletted for the ph2 or rem700 clone?

Ph2. If you’re handy or you have a good gunsmith, I’m assuming you could make a rem 700 inlet work. The tang, ejection port, bolt handle and bolt stop inlets, may be slightly different. The other thing to know is the seekins bolt is oversized. Not uncommon amongst other rem clones, but that’s just another difference.

Manners did a really nice job. They told me I was the first inlet for a seekins they did that didn’t do their factory bottom metal inlet. Considering that, I couldn’t be happier with their work.

slowelk

WKR
I don't have a Seekins bolt rifle, but their website states the Havak action is compatible with R700 stocks & triggers (i.e. has the same footprint). The bolt release doesn't look to be above stockline & it has a straight bolt handle (so do many R700 clones). I don't know the length of the ejection port, but you could call Seekins and ask.

I think the question is: do you want the action to look like it grew out of the stock? If so, you probably want a flat top that gets inletted specifically for the Seekins. Otherwise, If I were in your shoes, I'd probably order the Clymr with a Defiance Deviant inlet to be close on the bolt release, port will be pretty close, and bolt handle will be close. I'd take a piece of sandpaper & in 5 minutes the Clymr would fit. I'd also take 10 minutes to call Seekins and Gunwerks to confirm there's nothing else to look out for.

While Seekins CS is great to deal with when needing help with their products, they are absolutely zero help when it comes to info that supports using aftermarket parts. I know from experience, and generally, I'm a pretty persuasive guy. Good luck if you try to go that route.

I do think that deviant would be a good place to start if you are set on a clymr.