Seekins Havak PH2 vs Springfield Waypoint

As the title says, which would you choose and why?

I have a Waypoint in 6 CM that my oldest son shoots and now wanting another 6 CM for my youngest son and considering another waypoint or get the PH2.

Both sons are just getting into hunting. My oldest (10) can ring steel at 200 with my 223 and starting out with the 6 CM and shooting well up to 200 yards (3-4”) about the max for hogs and deer.

His brother is 9 and is getting more proficient. I imagine loading some TSX bullets at 2500-2600 for him for similar.

If he doesn’t fit into the PH2 or Waypoint I have a 6.8 SPC or 300 BLK he can shoot. He shoots those well but wanted him to have “his rifle”.

I want quality so they can use it for a long long time as I continue to use my 243 I received at their age, even after my fathers passing a decade ago. Using it always makes me smile and think of him.

As the title says, which would you choose and why?

I have a Waypoint in 6 CM that my oldest son shoots and now wanting another 6 CM for my youngest son and considering another waypoint or get the PH2.

Both sons are just getting into hunting. My oldest (10) can ring steel at 200 with my 223 and starting out with the 6 CM and shooting well up to 200 yards (3-4”) about the max for hogs and deer.

His brother is 9 and is getting more proficient. I imagine loading some TSX bullets at 2500-2600 for him for similar.

If he doesn’t fit into the PH2 or Waypoint I have a 6.8 SPC or 300 BLK he can shoot. He shoots those well but wanted him to have “his rifle”.

I want quality so they can use it for a long long time as I continue to use my 243 I received at their age, even after my fathers passing a decade ago. Using it always makes me smile and think of him.
It certainly doesn’t answer your question, but I’ll also throw in the Bergara Squared Crest for you to consider. Look up Jim Harmer from backfire tv. He did a good write up on his rifle selections. He ranked the Waypoint at the top for the price range, and only mentioned the Bergara because at the time it was not released yet (but said it could be his top pick). He tends to lean heavily towards liking Bergara however. He hasn’t reviewed Seekins yet to my knowledge. Personally, having felt the Seekins Havak lineup I feel it is hard to beat with the fit, finish, quality and their warranty.

quondam24

FNG
I have the Waypoint in .308 with a carbon fiber barrel. I looked at the Seekins. They are very similar. Low weight, good trigger, Seekins is 1:8 twist, Waypoint 1:10 if that matters to you.
My Waypoint meets the .75 moa guarantee with just about any ammo I put through it.

I have a PH2. I don't have much experience with the waypoint other than handling it in a store. I am biased of course but you can't go wrong with the Havak. Fit and finish is great. I get an occasional 1/2 moa group if I do my job, and customer service can't be beat. Smaller company and very customer focused. Not a bad thing that they look good too. I'm sure you'll be fine either way.

sveltri

WKR
Very happy Seekins owner here, so take it for what it's worth, but a ph2 would be my recommendation.

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
I have multiples of each. The Waypoint is far and away,the most for the least. I prefer the fixed furniture and S/S spouts.

Bergara can't begin to hang..............