Seekins Havak PH2 - Initial review

I originally wasn’t a fan of the palm swell before owning the rifle, but I can objectively say that after shooting it I enjoy it. It allows the shooter to firmly plant into it but not over compensate or torque it while holding it. As for the material there are mixed reports saying it’s carbon fiber, it’s carbon poly blend, it’s fiberglass, etc. Handling it, it feels like a carbon/poly blend stock but is extremely solid and very rigid. No foregrip flex and has good grip texturing. Overall a big fan, but more so after I actually purchased and shot it.
This pretty much mirrors my feelings on the stock and ergos. It's honestly more comfortable for me to get behind than 1 of my customs with a full CF stock, and just as stiff. Plenty of barrel float without looking weird. I did hit the bolt with some polish to smooth it up some, but that's not necessary. The wide trigger shoe has taken some getting used to as I've been shooting mostly triggertech's in recent years, but it is nice and breaks clean. Seekins is in my home town, I know some guys that work there and I've toured the facility a couple of times. Good guys that run a sweet operation and build a nice rifle for what you pay.

well, i bought a couple boxes of .308 terminal ascent today..... i don't own a .308 :ROFLMAO:

going to start looking for a ph2 (obviously in .308) very soon, probably start trying to hunt one down this coming week, as well as a 3-10X NF SHV with the MOAR reticle

i was stalling out to see if the itch would fade, but it hasn't

OP
NWMT_MountainBum
What was the speed on that load?
A little slower than I wanted at 2810 ish but I’m also not pushing it as hard as I could. Most guys loading these are running closer to 58-60gr and getting over that 2900 mark. I found a good accuracy node and sent it based on how close to season I was.

khuber84

WKR
Anybody with a ph2, maybe help me out.....I'm putting together a ph2 6cm build for nrl Hunter factory class. Planning ideas to add arca rail without adding attachment points to stock. The front action screw, it is a round machine head screw, and the bottom metal is flat bottomed inside the action screw hole? Probably gonna throw an area419 universal arca on there and have to use the front action screw as an attachment point.

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody with a ph2, maybe help me out.....I'm putting together a ph2 6cm build for nrl Hunter factory class. Planning ideas to add arca rail without adding attachment points to stock. The front action screw, it is a round machine head screw, and the bottom metal is flat bottomed inside the action screw hole? Probably gonna throw an area419 universal arca on there and have to use the front action screw as an attachment point.
20230306_192257.jpg

Here's mine...

khuber84

WKR
Ha! Thanks Carl. I found one for gaming the nrl. I'm going to machine a spacer to take the void of that screw head that sits just slightly proud of the bottom metal for the arca rail to make up against, providing proper tension against bottom metal and consistsent action screw torque as the oem screw would.

Cubby

WKR
Man I passed up a clean 300win. Reading this makes me regret that one
I now own 3 ph2's and one Element and they all shoot way better then I do, IMO you won't find a better company out there and their CS is top notch not to mention their warranty is the best out there, I mean are there any other company's out there that will replace your rifle if in a fire? Didn't think so lol

Little late to this thread but what's the muzzle diameter and can the trigger be replaced with something aftermarket?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cubby

WKR
Seekins are setup on rem 700 footprint so yes triggers can be replaced. Barrel diameter I'm not sure of never measured one before

Little late to this thread but what's the muzzle diameter and can the trigger be replaced with something aftermarket?

Muzzle diameters were 0.700" on the earlier havak PHs, assume that is still the case but i'm not positive. They still use 5/8 threads on them.

I think they are using triggertech now but mine has a Timney elite. Im sure there are other options,but mine has zero creep and a nice light pull.

mchrist

FNG
I now own 3 ph2's and one Element and they all shoot way better then I do, IMO you won't find a better company out there and their CS is top notch not to mention their warranty is the best out there, I mean are there any other company's out there that will replace your rifle if in a fire? Didn't think so lol
What differences have you found between the ph2's and the element? Is it worth the upgrade?

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
What differences have you found between the ph2's and the element? Is it worth the upgrade?
I’ve had both. The real benefit to the Element is weight and a shorter barrel. I have an element because I want to run a suppressor without the extra length. If you are not running a can, I think I would save the money and get the PH2