Seekins Havak PH 2 Barrel replacement

Doddse1

FNG
Anyone on here had experience changing the barrel on a Seekins havak PHII? switching my 308 barrel out. DM me if you have any insight. based on my research it seems a little more to it than screwing the old barrel off and sliding the new barrel on and torquing it to spec. TIA

Last edited:

revoked

FNG
Have you called / emailed them? I’ve heard good things on their responsiveness (my rifle is on its way back from them now for an accessory install). Haven’t tested the tech line myself though.

OP
Doddse1

Doddse1

FNG
i did and they responded but did not recommend i do it myself. I may send it in but if anyone here had first hand experience id much rather do it

Anyone on here had experience changing the barrel on a Seekins havak PHII? switching my 308 barrel out. DM me if you have any insight. based on my research it seems a little more to it than screwing the old barrel off and sliding the new barrel on and torquing it to spec. TIA
I just finished replacing the barrel in Havak 6.5PRC with a Benchmark Carbon. Being a 700 clone, it was pretty straightforward after the machine work, the only thing I had to do was open the barrel channel in the stock to fit the Sendero carbon barrel.

NSI

WKR
Isn’t one of the selling points of buying a Seekins that they will replace your barrel for $500 when you shoot it out? Seems like something to take advantage of.

-J

Isn’t one of the selling points of buying a Seekins that they will replace your barrel for $500 when you shoot it out? Seems like something to take advantage of.

-J
Agree, unless they don’t offer the config you want. For example, it’s been reported they only offer contours/lengths that come on their factory rifles unless you order a full custom. So if you want it shorter or say you don’t want your 6 creed to have an 8 twist or your 300 PRC to be 10 twist, you'd need to go aftermarket.

Last edited:
Regarding the barrel exchange service at Seekins, I called today to set up an appointment for a 6mm Creedmore Havak PH2 I ordered. It’s $550 even but unfortunately Seekins has discontinued the 6mm Creedmoor Havak Element and is no longer offering 21” 6mm Creedmoor barrels..

Regarding the barrel exchange service at Seekins, I called today to set up an appointment for a 6mm Creedmore Havak PH2 I ordered. It’s $550 even but unfortunately Seekins has discontinued the 6mm Creedmoor Havak Element and is no longer offering 21” 6mm Creedmoor barrels..
What length barrel do they offer for 6 creed? Or did they just discontinue it altogether?
I have a havak ph2 I was wanting to swap the barrel on if possible

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

What length barrel do they offer for 6 creed? Or did they just discontinue it altogether?
I have a havak ph2 I was wanting to swap the barrel on if possible

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Discontinued it altogether. It’s unfortunate. The 6 Creeds seem to be vanishing from the factory hunting rifle lines the past year…

Should cost about $575 total. You call and get issued an RMA# then you box up the rifle and attached the shipping label they send you. They change barrel, check it and ship it back

I wanna say it was about 10 business days on turn around(shipping days included)

Should cost about $575 total. You call and get issued an RMA# then you box up the rifle and attached the shipping label they send you. They change barrel, check it and ship it back

I wanna say it was about 10 business days on turn around(shipping days included)

Had a PH2 rebarreled recently - took maybe 2-3 weeks and cost $550. I went to a 22” 7 PRC and it is the element barrel profile FYI - so you loose a little weight and bulk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Discontinued it altogether. It’s unfortunate. The 6 Creeds seem to be vanishing from the factory hunting rifle lines the past year…

That really really sucks. Thier barrel replacement service in 6cm is why I decided to buy the element for my kid.

Now when i rebarrel next year she won’t be able to shoot the element in NRL factory division.

May be worth shooting them an email and voicing interest. Maybe if enough of us complain, they’ll run a batch of 21” barrels for us..

That really really sucks. Thier barrel replacement service in 6cm is why I decided to buy the element for my kid.

Now when i rebarrel next year she won’t be able to shoot the element in NRL factory division.
The 21” 6mm Creed barrel is the barrel they discontinued. I believe you can still get the longer barrels in 6mm Creed such as those run in the PH2 and Hit